Design Review

Contributor
Message 1 of 3 (2,672 Views)

ADR fails to register 2 dlls on install

2672 Views, 2 Replies
04-08-2010 07:52 PM
During the install of ADR 2011 on my 64-bit machine I get two error messages. One tells me that AdView.dll failed to register. The other tells me that DWFxImporter.dll failed to register. Both messages cite Error 1904. Both message tell me that the HRESULT is -2147220473.

I've tried to Repair the installation using Control Panel/Uninstall Programs - same error. I've tried to register the dlls 'by hand' using regsvr32 - no joy.

Does anyone know how to complete the installation or the workaround for the error? Thanks.
Employee
Message 2 of 3 (2,674 Views)

Re: ADR fails to register 2 dlls on install

04-08-2010 10:04 PM in reply to: RLStanford

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Please try the following steps to resolve this issue.

1. Uninstall the ADR.

2. Make sure the two Autodesk Design Review folders are empty. If there are files remaining, please delete the contents of those two folders.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Autodesk Design Review
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\DWF Common

3. Reinstall ADR.

Hope that this helps.

- Kenny Guo

ADR/DWF Customer Support

Kenny Guo
SW Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Contributor
Message 3 of 3 (2,672 Views)

Re: ADR fails to register 2 dlls on install

04-11-2010 07:20 AM in reply to: RLStanford
Thanks. Uninstall/reinstall didn't fix the initial problem - but at least I could register the dlls 'by hand' using regsvr32. So - I hope I'm out of the woods.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community