Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADR 2013 import dwg wrong page size

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
simpleuser1
1540 Views, 2 Replies

ADR 2013 import dwg wrong page size

Recently tried Design Review 2013 and I cannot get the page sizes to work. the same file is loaded in TrueView 2013 and the file looks great, but when I load in design review, only a portion of the file is visible. There appears to be nothing I can do about this.  Please have a look at the pictures:

True View 2013 drawing view. seems OK

and the design review version of the file is here:

Design Review version not working

So you can see the letter size paper makes no sense. it is a D-size paper in true view. Model space is not much better.

Can someone help guide me to a solution?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: simpleuser1

TRUEVIEW is a DWG viewer.

ADR uses whatever plot parameters it finds in the layout your DWG file opens, generated a DWF, then displays it. It does not open and view a DWG file natively.

Please elaborate as ADR is not a good DWG file viewer if the DWG file is not actively set to behave as you wish it from AutoCAD.

Message 3 of 3
simpleuser1
in reply to: pendean

Alright. So one has to apply the correct plot parameters within True-View and then export to DWFx. This seems to work now. Thanks!  Basically I think it was a problem with the DWG file not applying any plot parameters to the layout or model space elements. Thanks for the hint and solution. I now can mark up the page with an applied plot parameter.

Regards,

Carl

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report