Design Review

stefan.kraft
Message 1 of 5 (1,241 Views)
Accepted Solution

ADR 2013 import dwg: No layers

1241 Views, 4 Replies
05-17-2013 02:17 AM

I have many dwg-files and have installed DWG True View 2013 and Design Review 2013. If I now open a dwg-File in Design Review direktly I do not get the layerinformations.

Whre do I have to change the settings so that in this automatic conversion of the dwg-files in dwf the layers will also be included.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 5 (1,233 Views)

Re: ADR 2013 import dwg: No layers

05-17-2013 05:34 AM in reply to: stefan.kraft
ADR does not open DWG files: it uses whatever DWG-capable app you have to do the conversion for you, with limitations.
If you want total control, use DTV and change/set the DWF printer to output layers before creating the DWF file: ADR may then default to that but you'll have to test and confirm.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
stefan.kraft
Message 3 of 5 (1,224 Views)

05-21-2013 12:14 AM in reply to: pendean

I tried this before in the printing settings in my DWG True View 2013. I have checked and changed the Custom Properties of the DWF6ePlot.pc3 and the DWFx ePlot (XPS Compatible).pc3 so both should include layer information.

But when I still open a dwg-file directly in Autodesk Design Review, the converted dwf-file does not include the layers.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 5 (1,219 Views)

05-21-2013 05:36 AM in reply to: stefan.kraft

>>>...open a dwg-file directly in Autodesk Design Review...<<<
Do it the long way then :smileysad: it's never been capable of translating DWG files to DWF on it's own. By design.

DTV has a publish feature you can use to convert a long list of DWGs to DWF properly. to fit your exact needs, if you don't have AutoCAD to do so.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
antiartist
Message 5 of 5 (784 Views)

10-10-2013 02:53 PM in reply to: pendean

So Design Review uses it's own super-secret plotter for importing a DWG (or any other supported format), I take it?  Strange that it cannot be customized in any way. 

The more I attempt to incorporate Design Review into our workflows, the more I wonder just what Adobe was thinking when they created this application.  

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community