Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADR 2013 import dwg: No layers

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
stefan.kraft
2197 Views, 4 Replies

ADR 2013 import dwg: No layers

I have many dwg-files and have installed DWG True View 2013 and Design Review 2013. If I now open a dwg-File in Design Review direktly I do not get the layerinformations.

Whre do I have to change the settings so that in this automatic conversion of the dwg-files in dwf the layers will also be included.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: stefan.kraft

ADR does not open DWG files: it uses whatever DWG-capable app you have to do the conversion for you, with limitations.
If you want total control, use DTV and change/set the DWF printer to output layers before creating the DWF file: ADR may then default to that but you'll have to test and confirm.
Message 3 of 5
stefan.kraft
in reply to: pendean

I tried this before in the printing settings in my DWG True View 2013. I have checked and changed the Custom Properties of the DWF6ePlot.pc3 and the DWFx ePlot (XPS Compatible).pc3 so both should include layer information.

But when I still open a dwg-file directly in Autodesk Design Review, the converted dwf-file does not include the layers.

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: stefan.kraft

>>>...open a dwg-file directly in Autodesk Design Review...<<<
Do it the long way then 😞 it's never been capable of translating DWG files to DWF on it's own. By design.

DTV has a publish feature you can use to convert a long list of DWGs to DWF properly. to fit your exact needs, if you don't have AutoCAD to do so.

Message 5 of 5
antiartist
in reply to: pendean

So Design Review uses it's own super-secret plotter for importing a DWG (or any other supported format), I take it?  Strange that it cannot be customized in any way. 

The more I attempt to incorporate Design Review into our workflows, the more I wonder just what Adobe was thinking when they created this application.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report