Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADR 2012 installation issue collection

155 REPLIES 155
Message 1 of 156
dickyshu
20042 Views, 155 Replies

ADR 2012 installation issue collection

It has come to our attention that a small number Autodesk Design Review users have been having issues with installing the latest version-ADR 2012 from our website.

We post this message in order to collect the installation issue you've encountered, which will help us to track & resolve these problems. You also can refer to some probelm solutions that are same to your case.

Please kindly write information with below items:

1. What is the problem you met about installation?
  2. Your OS platform(WinXP, Vista or 7) (32 or 64bit).
  3. Reproduce steps.
  4. It's better to have a screenshot if convenient.

Thanks,

-Autodesk Design Review Development Team

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

155 REPLIES 155
Message 141 of 156
TonyC-PTCS
in reply to: herbert.he

Hello,

I am having trouble installing the ADR 2011 MSI, using the command to create a log file.  On a Windows 7 64bit computer.

Attached is a screenshot and the log file.

I have also tried to install the EXE file without success.  Attached is a screenshot of the the latest error.  Earlier I received other errors.

Thank you,

Tony

Message 142 of 156
wallypiper
in reply to: dickyshu

ADR2012 will not install on my system

Windows 7 x64.

Autodesk TrueView2012 is already installed.

The screen I get has already been posted. See post #7. Same exact message.

The install log is attached.

I have tried a couple of times. I am unchecking the options to download TrueView (already installed) or the browser addon (Don't need that).

Message 143 of 156
m-colomb

I cannot install ADR 2012 on my machine running windows 7 64. I even clean up my registery with ParetoLogic PC Health Advisor and downloaaded my install files from your site but I always get the same error code.

Attached is the error log.

Thank you

Message 144 of 156
JBenzie

I have been trying to install AutoDesk Design Review 2012 on a Win 7 x64 system all day with no luck. I downloaded/installed the correct C++ runtimes and am now getting stuck on "Prepare for installing...". I have attached a screen shot. It will sit there as long as you let it and makes no progress. I have TrueView 2012 already installed on the machine. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jerry Benzie

Appleton Papers Inc

Message 145 of 156
JBenzie
in reply to: JBenzie

UPDATE: I uninstalled the Akamai services and now I get the following error: "Installation failed. Please check your internet connection and try again. The following failed to install: Autodesk Design Review 2012 (0x2: Failed downloading component.)"

Again, I am running Win 7 x64. There is nothing in the ...Akamai\Cache directory. I have wasted an entire day on this issue. Very frustrating... Hard to believe this issue isn't fixed or the whole install process not redesigned.

Message 146 of 156
herbert.he
in reply to: TonyC-PTCS

Thank you for reporting this issue.

If the web installer does not work on your machine. You can downlaod the MSI package from here, unzip and install it manually. 

Any further question please let me know.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 147 of 156
TonyC-PTCS

Thanks for the reply Herbert.

While waiting for a reply I had found that link, downloaded the 2012 MSI, and ran the install.  It too does not install.  If you like I can re-run the MSI and post the error(s).

Tony

Message 148 of 156
jpwater

I had the same problem recently after ADR updated itself (It wouldn't open files and wouldn't re-install).

I found this fix in a similar forum and I was able to re-install ADR successfully afterwards.

(I also had uninstalled the non-functioning versions of ADR and and the viewer program.

Uninstall "Akamai NetSession Interface" from add or remove programs

I uninstalled another Akamai NetSession program that was next to the first one.

Message 149 of 156
DROCK1627

i am getting the same "can't connect to internet". i have tried everything i read here. granted i am not that savvy on anything outside of revit. i have wasted 2 days trying to get design review. somebody please tell me how to get design review installed and working again

Message 150 of 156
Putzmiester

I receive the same message.  I use a Dell Precision M4400 with Windows XP Pro.  I am trying to install the DWF reader.  I have autocad lite 2012 on this machine.  Is it possible to view DWF's with Autocad lite 2012? how?  Thanks for your help!

Message 151 of 156
DROCK1627
in reply to: Putzmiester

go to control panel, add/remove programs, remove any thing that says "akmai". btw i am still waiting for a solution from autodesk! those guys are really on top of things! good thing i figured it out on my own!

Message 152 of 156
vmarianv

Hola, tengo problemas para REinstalar el Design Review.

De alguna forma el instalador detecta que ya lo tengo, (lo instale y lo desinstale) pero el programa en si no esta en mi pc. No parece en programas, ni en el buscador de la pc.

Message 153 of 156
vmarianv

Thank you¡

I just do it¡I erase two akami´s. But continues the problem¡

Message 154 of 156
whawk3

what is the problem you met about installation?

Fails, "No Internet Connection"

• Your OS platform(WinXP, Vista or 7) (32 or 64bit).

Win 7 64 bit

• Reproduce steps.

Download, run, fail

• It's better to have a screenshot if convenient

It's even better to have working software, or some type of support, but clearly that's not convenient.

I have used AutoCAD since about v4 or v6, it's a shame this company has become the non-responsive behemoth that I'm seeing in these webpages and fora.  This used to be a good product supported by good people, but clearly success has bred incompetence and indifference.  My shop is about 60/40 Bentley, I'm probably going to give up pushing AutoCAD (based on my experience in the past) and let them go ahead and run uStation.  The support is 1000% better than this BS.

Message 155 of 156
jeffrichlin
in reply to: whawk3

Wtf?

Sent from my iPhone
Message 156 of 156
jeffsmith99

Thank you for the answer in post #140 by Herbert above. The uninstall utility that you recommended worked for me.  http://dwf.blogs.com/files/adruninstall.zip

I had been trying to remove Autodesk Design Review 2012 for some time, and was getting the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable" error. The uninstall utility from dwf.blogs.com ran without error and ADR is now removed. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report