Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADR 2012 installation issue collection

155 REPLIES 155
Message 1 of 156
dickyshu
20041 Views, 155 Replies

ADR 2012 installation issue collection

It has come to our attention that a small number Autodesk Design Review users have been having issues with installing the latest version-ADR 2012 from our website.

We post this message in order to collect the installation issue you've encountered, which will help us to track & resolve these problems. You also can refer to some probelm solutions that are same to your case.

Please kindly write information with below items:

1. What is the problem you met about installation?
  2. Your OS platform(WinXP, Vista or 7) (32 or 64bit).
  3. Reproduce steps.
  4. It's better to have a screenshot if convenient.

Thanks,

-Autodesk Design Review Development Team

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

155 REPLIES 155
Message 41 of 156
johnsoap
in reply to: dickyshu

This isn't an installation issue - it installed just fine, but I am not able to edit the size of text boxes after creating them.  When I click on the text box, the yellow "grab" points come up, but I am only able to drag the entire box and not able to stretch or edit the shape of the text box. 

All other shapes and mark-ups are working correctly.

Message 42 of 156
dickyshu
in reply to: johnsoap

That may caused by "No Border" option checked.

Please uncheck the "No Border" option, and you will be able to edit the shape of the text box.

Please refer to attached image.

Thanks,

-Dicky

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 43 of 156
johnsoap

Ok, this worked.  This was not an issue for previous versions of ADR.

Message 44 of 156
everettm
in reply to: wube

Now stalls again after installing .NET 4.0 from Microsoft when trying to install design review.

Tried the same method to install manually but get error.  I unzipped ADR manually but it had an error.

See screen shot.

Why all these problems on my laptop but was installed without issue on my desktop?

thx

Message 45 of 156
wube
in reply to: everettm

Please copy the cache files from your desktop to your laptop.

Unzip the Design Review SetupDesignReview2012.msi.zip to a temp folder.

And install Design Review manually by Double Click the msi file.

Ben Wu
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 46 of 156
raygbmw1

I can't install ADR it keeps giving me the attached screen and reffering me to autodesk website. What can I do?

Message 47 of 156
paul010uk

I have the same issue as raygbmw1, install fails on Visual Studio Runtime with 0x0: Internal Error

the log from C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp\AutodeskDesignReview2012Logs says:

"Installing Visual Studio 2008 SP1 C++ Runtime
!!!Failed to install, unrecognized extension"

It doesn't get any further than that. Checking Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel shows Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable is already installed.

I'm trying to install on a Sony Vaio VGN-BZ11MN laptop running XP SP3

Message 48 of 156
everettm

Finally working.

Thanks!

Message 49 of 156
DRW_CAD
in reply to: everettm

Hi, I downloaded AutodeskDesignRevSetup.exe. When I atempt to run it, I get (0x2: Failed downloading component.)

W7 64bitClipboard01.jpg

Message 50 of 156
dickyshu
in reply to: raygbmw1

Hi,

The picture you attached demostrates VS2010 C++ Runtime install failure.

Could you please go to "C:\program files (x86)\common files\akamai\Cache" (Windows 7) to find VS2010 C++ Runtime installer and run it manually?

Thanks,

-Dicky

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 51 of 156
paul010uk

As I said above, I have the same issue as raygbmw1 on XP. I can't run that file manually because it isn't there. The installer ends with the 0x0 error before it is even downloaded.

Message 52 of 156
jandrews407

Who owns this issue?  Microsoft, Autodesk, the user? 

I would like to install ADR on multiple workststions and the gymanstics that I need to go through to install it are making it very time consuming and tedious.

Message 53 of 156
DRW_CAD
in reply to: jandrews407

I don't seem to have a runtime installer there. I've attached a screen shot of what is in that directory that you refered to. By the dates and naming, they both appear to be related to 2011. One more bit of information, I installed Civil 3D 2012 & ADR installed without issue. I'm in the same boat as jandrews, I'm wanting to set up a simple group policy that will put ADR & True View on all our "non-CAD" computers. roughly about 125 machines.

cache.PNG

Message 54 of 156
wube
in reply to: paul010uk

Hi,

Could you attach a screen shot of what is in the directory "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Akamai\Cache\37309\"?

Thank you

Ben Wu
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 55 of 156
panama2011

0*643 (internal error ), so very frustrating. am able to download ADR 2012, but won't install

PLEASE HELP !!!!!!

Message 56 of 156
DRW_CAD

I don't have that directory

Message 57 of 156
paul010uk

"Could you attach a screen shot of what is in the directory "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Akamai\Cache\37309\"?"

This directory 37309 does not exist. There are two other directories with single-number names, like "7" (sorry I don't have the laptop with me, it has been issued to our user)

The installer bombs out so quickly I don't think it has the chance to download anything at all.

Message 58 of 156
HKItilakeskus

I've begun having issues installing ADR recently. Computers are Windows 7 32-bit Enterprise editions, tried on several different computers. (All computers have same updates installed.) Installation stops on error regarding Microsoft Visual Studio c++ 2008, internal error 0x0, same as others have reported. Manually installing the runtime component does not help, it looks as though the installation program doesn't recognize that the component is installed. Tried using the MSI package, same problem. Uninstalling the 2008 runtime, re-installing it, no help. Tried uninstalling Akamai and re-running the installation package, still the same problem. SetupADR2012.log says:

"Installing Visual Studio 2008 SP1 C++ Runtime
!!!Failed to install, unrecognized extension"

Message 59 of 156
tpelbud
in reply to: HKItilakeskus

Hello

I've the same problem as HKItliakeskus on two computers. A few days ago on another computer everything was OK. 

The all three computers are after reinstalling Windows.

Message 60 of 156
LeonShi
in reply to: tpelbud

Hi Dear Customers -

Thanks for your information!

We had analyzed and diagnosed these issues, we believe it's due to a defect with download manager and already fixed it, so please kindly retry and download again! 

Leon Shi
SWD Manager
PSEB-GE-ACRD
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report