Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADR 2011 - Suggested Fixes for Installation-Related Issues

72 REPLIES 72
Message 1 of 73
cblocher
20970 Views, 72 Replies

ADR 2011 - Suggested Fixes for Installation-Related Issues

Below are some suggestions for fixing installation-related issues associated with Autodesk Design Review 2011.

Please let us know whether or not the suggestions work for you.

Best,

Chris

User Assistance
Autodesk Design Review

Chris Blocher
Content Strategist, CXD
Fusion 360 Product Documentation
72 REPLIES 72
Message 2 of 73
cblocher
in reply to: cblocher

Note: Before editing your registry, you should save a backup in a safe location.

It's also a good idea to set a restore point at the operating system before you make any changes that may affect your computer.

To manually uninstall Design Review completely

1. Using the Control Panel, uninstall all versions of Autodesk Design Review and Autodesk DWF Viewer.

2. In the Windows Explorer's Folder Options, ensure the Show Hidden Files option is enabled.

3. Delete the folder: "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Design Review".

4. Delete the folder: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\DWF Common".

5. Perform the necessary steps for your operating system:

On XP computers, in Windows Explorer, locate and delete these two folders:

a. C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Application Data\Autodesk\ADR
b. C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Application Data\Autodesk\Autodesk Design Review

On Vista and Windows 7 computers, in Windows Explorer, locate and delete these three folders:
a. C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ADR
b. C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk Design Review
c. C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Autodesk Design Review

6. Delete shortcuts from the Desktop and Start menu.

7. Start the Windows Registry Editor (regedit.exe) and perform the necessary steps for your operating system:

On XP computers,
a. Navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\" and delete these two folders: "Design Review" and "DWF Common".
b. Navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\" and delete these two folders: "Design Review" and "DWF Common".

On Vista and Windows 7 computers,
a. Navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\AppDataLow\Software\Autodesk\" and delete these two folders: "Design Review" and "DWF Common".
b. Navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\" and delete these two folders: "Design Review" and "DWF Common".

11. Exit the Registry Editor.

12. Restart the computer.

13. Install Design Review 2011.

Only after you try the steps above, and if you still can't uninstall an older version of Design Review/install Design Review 2011, only then should you try these next steps, which completely remove the older version from any OS (XP, Vista or Win7).

1. Start the Windows Registry Editor (regedit.exe).

2. Navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\

3. Delete the folder pertaining to the older version of Design Review that's currently installed:
- For 2011, delete the 7D4B02D8224399043923932FE716A7F6 folder.
- For 2010, delete the 620E9D550BCDFF646BA0869B2722C86F folder.
- For 2009, delete the AA360054B346C714C85F04B53A4FFE04 folder.
- For 2008, delete the E302FCAFD4F0A9848BC01D5852C3F8BC folder.

4. Exit the Registry Editor.

5. Restart the computer.

You should now be able to successfully install the Design Review 2011.

Please let us know if these worked for you.

Chris

User Assistance
Autodesk Design Review

Chris Blocher
Content Strategist, CXD
Message 3 of 73
cblocher

For uninstall issues, there are a variety of free uninstallers you may want to try.

Here's a list of some uninstallers other have suggested:

* Windows Installer CleanUp Utility hosted by Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
* Revo Uninstaller hosted by CNET: http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html
* CCleaner hosted by CNET: http://download.cnet.com/ccleaner/?tag=mncol

As always, it's a good idea to create a system restore point before making any changes that may affect your computer.

Hope it helps,

Chris

User Assistance
Autodesk Design Review

Chris Blocher
Content Strategist, CXD
Message 4 of 73
celanis

Keep getting the following message when running AutoDeskRevSetup: The following failed to install: Autodesk Design Review 2011 (0 x 643: Internal error). Any suggestions?
Message 5 of 73
cblocher

Hi,

Can you provide more details? What Autodesk product and version are you trying to install? What OS are you trying to install it on?

Have you tried the suggestions in this thread? http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=6358930

Best,

Chris

User Assistance
Autodesk Design Review

Chris Blocher
Content Strategist, CXD
Message 6 of 73
celanis

Chris,

Trying to install Autodesk Review for DWG TrueView 2011. OS is Windows XP Home Edition.
Message 7 of 73
celanis

Chris,

Issue resolved from suggestion in thread. Had to remove previous version of DWF Viewer.

Thanks
Message 8 of 73
LSimpson32

Hi there,

I've read through and followed the steps listed below up to Step 13. Install Design Review 2011. Previous attempts to install have result in the Design Review Setup running for a few minutes then posting the failure to install method. After deleting/removing all the files listed below, the Design Review Setup fails to run at all? It says "prepare for installing..." & "Downloading: Autodesk Design Review 2011 (0KB/0B)"
It looks like it is unable to retrieve the file for downloading? I let it run for the afternoon yesterday with no progress. Any suggestions?
Message 9 of 73
cblocher

The fact that it's just "hanging" suggests a download issue from the website.

You could try downloading the "bundle" from here:

http://www.autodesk.com/designreview-download-network

Once the download is complete, just double-click the SetupDesignReview2011_bundle.exe and follow the instructions.

Hope it helps,

Chris

User Assistance
Autodesk Design Review

Chris Blocher
Content Strategist, CXD
Message 10 of 73
cblocher

Oh, and you can also get the MSI version if you prefer from that same location too: http://www.autodesk.com/designreview-download-network

Chris

User Assistance
Autodesk Design Review

Chris Blocher
Content Strategist, CXD
Message 11 of 73
cblocher

Thanks for that feedback. So often we at Autodesk forget that the old DWF Viewer, the predecessor to Design Review, is still in the wild.

We typically only tell people to uninstall previous versions of Design Review.

We should amend that recommendation, adding that DWF Viewer should also be looked for on customer systems and uninstalled before installing new versions of Design Review.

Very good info.

Thank you!

Chris Blocher
Content Strategist, CXD
Message 12 of 73
LSimpson32

Hi There,

I appreciate download suggestions. I tried both versions but recieved failure to install messages. I have attached the log file from my attempt, in case it helps. It won't allowed two attachments so i'll send another post with the error messages.
Message 13 of 73
LSimpson32

...or not because I can't make the file small enough... the jist of the errors was "Error 2753.The File '.....' is not marked for installation.
Message 14 of 73
Entropym

I did the entire procedure as shown in message 2 but I still get the "Autodesk Design Review 2011 (0x643 Internal Error)" message after it tries installing for a few moments.

Interestingly, none of the registry keys that I was supposed to delete were present.

Windows XP pro 2002 SP3.

Thanks,

Mickey Morgan

Message 15 of 73
Entropym
in reply to: Entropym

I followed the suggestion to remove the Microsoft Visualbasic programs but Design review put them back and the installation failed again.

I bailed and went to 2010 which is still an upgrade from where I was previously. That installation worked. I'll wait until the 2012 version as I don't want to spend more time on 2011.

Message 16 of 73
jasongetsdown

Very helpful post. My Design Review 2011 install was failing and uninstalling Design Review 2008 was throwing a "Fatal Error." The first set of instructions didn't help, but the second "complete removal" procedure did.

thanks much.

-----
Jason Rossitto
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Message 17 of 73
bshbsh

Same here, on Vista Business X64 (german). Tried everything but this **** thing just won't install. (Why am I not surprised?)

Error 1603

Message 18 of 73
Falthor

major install issue.

When I went to install design review 2011 (upgrade reccomended from the program itself) everything went fine till the very end of the install where it crashed, I've attached the install log.

At this point I cannot install Design Review 2011, or 2010 (screen shots of the errors I get when I try to do 2010 attached).

I need this program to markup window layouts for work, and without it am basically stuck.

It seems that the registry key are locked, and I can't even access them to delete or remove.  Help?

Message 19 of 73
pkimmons
in reply to: Falthor

If you are not able to delete the keys, then you are trying to install as a user that is not an admin. 

Must be admin to install. 

Message 20 of 73
Falthor

I am the only user on this computer and yes I am setup as an admin.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report