Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADR 2011- Font printing error from DWF to PDF

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tgloudeman
1071 Views, 3 Replies

ADR 2011- Font printing error from DWF to PDF

When attempting to print a DWF to a PDF in ADR 2011, all the letters get scrambled and display nonsense words instead of the original words.  I've attached a copy of the original DWF and the printed PDF results with the strange lettering.

This is the configuration being used by that user:

Windows7- 64-bit

Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.4.1

Autodesk Design Review 2011, Build 9.1.0.127

It is noteworthy to point out that the exact same version of ADR 2011 is used on other computers running Windows XP SP3 and those computers do NOT encounter this problem.  Is there some sort of conflict between Windows7 and ADR 2011?

Any solution to this problem would be greatly appreciated as this affects the productivity of that user.

Thank you,

Tom

Accountant/Estimator/IT Admin

Craftsmen United, Inc.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
scott.sheppard
in reply to: tgloudeman

You should adjust the settings in AutoCAD so that the font info is included in the DWF file. THis is done by modifying the settings for the DWF6 ePlot driver. Then republish the DWF. I believe your assertion is correct. For some reason that font is not being found by the PDF writer but is being found by ADR. THat's why it displays correctly but the PDF does not.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
tgloudeman
in reply to: scott.sheppard

Scott,

Unfortunately, adjusting the settings in AutoCAD did not solve the problem.  We are still unable to print the DWF properly to PDF using that one station.  I did learn that the engineering firm that creates our drawings uses Windows 7 as well.  Do you have a more in-depth set of instructions I could forward to them that would solve this problem?

Thanks,

Tom

Craftsmen United

Message 4 of 4
scott.sheppard
in reply to: tgloudeman

Here is something I wrote long ago.

http://dwf.blogs.com/beyond_the_paper/2006/05/avoiding_dwf_fo.html

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report