Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADR 2011 DWF Loads but does not display

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
775 Views, 9 Replies

ADR 2011 DWF Loads but does not display

I am currently testing ADR 2011 for compatibility with our web applications. We have been using ADR 2008 without issues but are trying to upgrade to ADR 2011. An issue that will stop the deployment is that with ADR 2011 when a DWF loads on our web page it displays a gray or white screen instead of the DWF. The tool bar and controls are there but no DWF is shown. However if you click in the window, use key function, or any ADR control the DWF displays. If another DWF is called it will not display again until you click in the window. Any idea why this happens?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
soporte.us
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, sorry by my english... I don´t know if is the same problem, but in my case is not only that the DWF files do not open by IExplorer, I can´t open any DWF Files, still opening the ADR aplicattion first or even opening by the file directly, I got Win7  pro 64 bits; but also I got a XP pro SP3 Virtual Machine in 32 bits and it is work perfectly, what can I do for work with the ADR in W7 Pro 64 bits (even already run the Hotfix - Autodesk Design Review 2011 and nothing happened)

Help me, please.

Message 3 of 10
whtank

Thank you for your question.

It seems caused by 3D renderer driver. Please follow these steps to switch to other driver and have a try.

1. Open ADR
  2. Click ‘Options…’ from menu browser to open option dialog.
  3. Switch to ‘Model’ tab.
  4. Choose another driver from ‘Driver’ combo box.
  5. Click ‘OK’ and open your DWF file.

Please let me know if this can be of help.

Tank
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD-CPG
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Thanks for the suggestion. I changed the driver but I still experienced the loading issue. We use ADR as a viewer on our web page for DWF only. Our web page uses frames, three of them, and is dynamicaly generated using Cold Fusion and JavaScript. One frame for navigation, one to display a parts list, and the largest is where ADR is used to display the DWF. No matter how we initiate a DWF to be displayed in this frame, it always loads as a solid gray background. The frame, tool bars, etc. all are displayed. The display area of ADR is a solid gray untill you click in the display area or select an option from the tool bar. This happens every time a DWF is loaded. Suggestions?

Message 5 of 10
whtank

I would like to know whether you can open these DWF/x files well through standalone mode, I mean you can double click one of your DWF/x file to verify this.

If yes, please drag a file to your web browser (e.g. IE) to check whether this file can be opened well in your web browser.

Tank
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD-CPG
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Checked both ways plus one. You can select one from explore and ADR will open and the DWF displays. It's the same results dragging one to the browser or opening from ADR. And it appears that all the functions are working.

We use IE7 for our corporate browser, think it could be a conflict between the two? We haven't changed anything in the DWFs or our web page. Everything has worked up until ADR 2009 was released. And ADR 2011 works great except for the loading issue. Thanks for your help on this whtank, I have exhausted my knowledge on this issue.

Message 7 of 10
soporte.us

HI, I tried with the answer sended,  but nothing hapen when I click in the menu "option", in fact, nothing happen neither when I click in any other menu, even if I try to close the application by menu, only if I close the windows with the X.

what can i do?

Message 8 of 10
whtank

It seems there is a regression in our 3D render engine since ADR 2009. I would like to debug your web application, please show me your web page.

Tank
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD-CPG
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 10
whtank
in reply to: soporte.us

Hi Soporte

I think there is something wrong with your .NET framework installation. The latest ADR has been released here. You can try this one.

Please let me know if this can be of help.

Tank
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD-CPG
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Tank, Sorry for the long response time. I have been working on getting you access to our web site for analysis. The only way is to send you a stand-alone web page on CD, or a private email attachment, along with a non-disclosure agreement. If this is acceptable please provide the necessary email/physical address' for the CD and NDA. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report