Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2008 Hangs when opening a file

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
urschel_w
353 Views, 5 Replies

2008 Hangs when opening a file

I have 7 files from a consultant running microstation that i can't get to open consistently. I can get one file to open , then when i try to open one of the other ones, the progress bar goes to 100%, i get a gray background, and it locks up. each time i reinstall/ uninstall and reinstall, i get to open one of those files, then the rest don't work. the same files open about half the time in Viewer, but i need to combine them all into one file with a stack of other drawings. i'm running XP, and i would rather not update to SP1 since these drawings are for a plan review. anyone have any ideas? the uninstall works cleanly, and leaves nothing behind, i have administrator pillages to this machine, and the problem occurs on any machine in the office (though the consultant claims they work fine on his end and he is using the same version).

Thanks a lot
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cblocher
in reply to: urschel_w

Hi,

Can you please provide some more information? Sample of the DWF file(s) causing the issue? Details about your computer (installed memory, graphics card). Does it only happen with these 7 files or does it happen with all files? What version of Mircostation was used to create the DWFs?

This detail may help someone troubleshoot.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Blocher
Content Strategist, CXD
Fusion 360 Product Documentation
Message 3 of 6
urschel_w

Yes, it only happens with these 7 files, though it is on any machine i use. my machine is a dual core processor with 4 gigs of ram, and a geforce 7950 512 meg onboard graphics card. as for version of microstation, i'm not sure, but it was printed with the latest version of dwf writer.
here's a file to test out
thanks a lot
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Hi urschel_w,

You mentioned in your initial post that the application hang occurs when attempting to open a subsequent file from the set of 7 after successfully opening one of the files. Could you possibly post a couple more files from that set to help us with our investigation? I tested opening the file you posted earlier today and then opened several additional DWF files without any problems.

Thanks in advance for the assist!

Scott Lillibridge, QA Manager
Extended Design Group
Autodesk, Inc
Message 5 of 6
urschel_w

here are two more.
thanks
Message 6 of 6
urschel_w

thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report