Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improved hotfix deployment for large networks and b2b migration requirement

Improved hotfix deployment for large networks and b2b migration requirement

Upgrading & migrating Vault is cumbersome and time consuming in replicated environments, requiring product to be offline globally and significant planning. As an implementation grows to involve multiple servers and workstations, the time and complexity involved to install each update manually will increase. In addition to the installation, some updates require the completion of a B2B migration script that updates the SQL database. In a large replicated environment, this is difficult to run since the entire system must be at a steady state. If the script fails, a roll-back option is not available other than a complete restoration of the Vault.

suggested by:  Cameron, Joy, Ford, Andritz, Danieli

2 Comments
lkrenzler
Collaborator

I fully agree.  We only upgrade every 3 or 4 years for this very reason which is a shame since we aren't taking advantage of improvements.  However if we upgraded every year we would get nothing done.

This cumbersome upgrade goes for all Autodesk software we use.  Inventor and AutoCAD in particular.

I don't know why upgrades can't be just like service packs.  Run one file, it upgrades your current install and you're done.  Other software I use is like that.  I really wish Autodesk was.

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report