DWG TrueView

bernd_bsl
Message 1 of 3 (839 Views)
Accepted Solution

error on closing trueview ( win7 64bit )

839 Views, 2 Replies
02-25-2013 01:28 PM

Hi all,

after going through numerous issues getting trueview installed, heidi driver error, getting the package created etc etc for my win7 test group, i am down to the last step. "why does the report an error box pop up everytime a DWG is closed"

the previous install of trueview has no problem ( 32bit XP pro ) has none of the errors and issues that i have seen with the 64bit win7 build.

i can't see anything funky in the XP install like "run as administrator" or the user being in a group with higher permissions on the local machine.

has anyone else come across this?

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 3 (816 Views)

Re: error on closing trueview ( win7 64bit )

02-25-2013 06:59 PM in reply to: bernd_bsl

Try testing in diagnostic more to try and pinpoint any conflict:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=6453117&linkID=9240617
If there are no crashes while in this mode, your issue is a system related problem.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
bernd_bsl
Message 3 of 3 (776 Views)

Re: error on closing trueview ( win7 64bit )

02-27-2013 12:48 PM in reply to: pendean

the apps guy in our team was able to resolve the issue by changing dwgviewer.exe.config file.

Original file:

<configuration>

<startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">

<supportedRuntime version="v4.0"/>

</startup>

<!--All assemblies in AutoCAD are fully trusted so there's no point generating publisher evidence-->

<runtime>       

<generatePublisherEvidence enabled="false"/>   

</runtime>

</configuration>

Modified file:

<configuration>

<startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="false">

<supportedRuntime version="v4.0"/>

</startup>

<!--All assemblies in AutoCAD are fully trusted so there's no point generating publisher evidence-->

<runtime>       

<generatePublisherEvidence enabled="false"/>   

</runtime>

</configuration>

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community