DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error configuring DWG True View 2011

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
edks
582 Views, 3 Replies

error configuring DWG True View 2011

Some time ago I installed DDWG True View 2011 on my Laptop (Vista Home Premium SP2). Since I wasn't using this program I uninstalled it later.

Also on my Laptop I have Genealogy program.

Now after uninstalling True View, when I click this Genealogy program to open, the Windows installer tries to configurate DWG True View 2011. This is imposible (it has been removed) and the follwing mesage is returned:

Internal error 2718

{5783F2D7-9028-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}

After this error message is being closed, the Genealogy prog. starts and runs normally.

I tried to clean the laptop and its register in all know ways, but this problem remains.

Does anybody know a solution, other than reinstalling Windows Vista?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: edks

Reinstall the other program, answer YES to replace content if it prompts you: that's usually enough.

Message 3 of 4
edks

I re-installed the other program already and in fact, several times. All withou success.

Message 4 of 4
pendean

Another option to try if no one else has an option around here...

Use the below steps to clean it off your system and then try the install again.
Load use the microsoft install cleanup fixit tool at the below link
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2438651
 1.) Click the "Run now" Button in the Fix-it box
 2.) Accept the License Agreement
 3.) Choose the option "Detect Problems and let me select fixes to apply"
 4.) Select "Uninstalling"

5.) When the list of installed programs populates, select the the entry for both programs (DTV and the other). There may also be an entry for the language pack and if so you will have to repeat this process and remove that as well.
 6.) When the tool completes There may be remnants left so please delete the directory where the product was installed which in this case should be C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ DWGTRUEVIEW and whatever the other program installation folder is on your PC.
Once that is done try your install again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report