DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TrueView download without Akamai, please

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Steve_Johnson
8081 Views, 6 Replies

TrueView download without Akamai, please

It appears that there is no straightforward link available to download TrueView. Please provide one. I'm not interested in installing Akamai download software, which has caused nothing but trouble in the past, in order to simply download a file. If I want to use a download manager, I'll use one of my own choosing, thanks.

Steve Johnson - blog nauseam - ClassicArray
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi Steve,

Please use this link to download DWG TrueView without using Akamai.

You have to choose the version and the language. Then click on "Download Now" to choose to which folder the setup need to be save.

Thanks!

Celine Manca
Message 3 of 7
dimitriz
in reply to: celine.manca

Hi,

After you click Download on that page you get a nice message:

"To complete this download, you need to install the Akamai NetSession Interface, a download manager used to reduce download time and increase quality. This install should take only a few minutes at most, after which your download can resume."

Akamai and properly configured firewalls dont mix.

Message 4 of 7
dimitriz
in reply to: dimitriz

Nevermind.., after playing around I finally got a dialog for Browser download.

Message 5 of 7
celine.manca
in reply to: dimitriz

Hi Dimitriz,

You have also the possibility to download the TrueViewer from here without using Akamai.

Thanks

Celine Manca
Message 6 of 7

With both of those links I appear to only get the Akamai download as an option. For anyone else who needs to know the secret passage, here's what you need to do:

1. Click on one of the links above.

2. Pick Download now.

3. When you get the Akamai screen, click on the "If you cannot complete the installation, click here" link.

4. Pick OK.

5. Under the original Download now, there should now be a "Click here to download using your browser." link. That's the direct link you will need to download the file.

Or, you could probably just click here, which is a direct link to the exe.

Steve Johnson - blog nauseam - ClassicArray
Message 7 of 7
wildx005
in reply to: Steve_Johnson

Big thanks for the direct link - my AKAMI download just stalled at "calculating download time" - going direct - just worked.

Then I spent a #happy# morning trying to get past the "you need to install .NET 4" - eventually it became clear the message should say... .NET 4 FULL version and also apply KB2468871

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/DWG-TrueView-does-not-recognize-NET-4-0/td-p/31...

Grrr - only took me 5 hours to get TrueView installed and working

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report