DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True View 2014 Fails at Launch & Won't Uninstall

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
gspiper
5091 Views, 3 Replies

True View 2014 Fails at Launch & Won't Uninstall

I have spent HOURS trying to install True View 2014 on a customer PC (new Dell Optiplex 9010 all-in-one running Win7 64-bit Enterprise) with no success.  Downloaded the 64-bit installer and install proceeded normally.  When laucnhed, the first error appeared:

TrueView2014Error.jpg

Researched this and found numerous references to .Net 3.5, .Net 4.0 and C++ redistributable modules.  All of these had previously been installed on this PC and were up to date with all patches.

When I attempt to uninstall TrueView 2014, Application hangs on an "initializing" screen.

This is the buggiest installer I have worked with in years.

Anyone have a solution that will actually works ?

Thanks,

Glenn

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: gspiper

No, since we don't know what your customer PC's problem may be, so you have to do a lot of work instead. This almost always works:

1. Uninstall ALL instances of .NET and C++.
2. Manually remove DTV2014 then manually clean up the WIndows Registry of Autodesk products.
3. Use a Windows Registry cleaner to tidy things up.
4. Restart Windows.
5. Reinstall DTV2014. It should inslall the support files it needs, including .NET and C++.
6. Ensure it is running corectly.
7. Start Windows Update and let it hunt for any other needed versions of .NET and C++ the other installed applications need.
Message 3 of 4
selrahcnomad
in reply to: pendean

I have exactly the same problem with Trueview 2015 64 bit and this was a brand new PC with only microsoft office installed.

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: selrahcnomad

Windows OS?
have you tried the 7-item list I posted earlier yet? It's not going to fix itself sadly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report