DWG TrueView

gspiper
Message 1 of 2 (1,775 Views)

True View 2014 Fails at Launch & Won't Uninstall

1775 Views, 1 Replies
08-13-2013 04:48 PM

I have spent HOURS trying to install True View 2014 on a customer PC (new Dell Optiplex 9010 all-in-one running Win7 64-bit Enterprise) with no success.  Downloaded the 64-bit installer and install proceeded normally.  When laucnhed, the first error appeared:

TrueView2014Error.jpg

Researched this and found numerous references to .Net 3.5, .Net 4.0 and C++ redistributable modules.  All of these had previously been installed on this PC and were up to date with all patches.

When I attempt to uninstall TrueView 2014, Application hangs on an "initializing" screen.

This is the buggiest installer I have worked with in years.

Anyone have a solution that will actually works ?

Thanks,

Glenn

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 2 (1,760 Views)

Re: True View 2014 Fails at Launch & Won't Uninstall

08-14-2013 05:27 AM in reply to: gspiper
No, since we don't know what your customer PC's problem may be, so you have to do a lot of work instead. This almost always works:

1. Uninstall ALL instances of .NET and C++.
2. Manually remove DTV2014 then manually clean up the WIndows Registry of Autodesk products.
3. Use a Windows Registry cleaner to tidy things up.
4. Restart Windows.
5. Reinstall DTV2014. It should inslall the support files it needs, including .NET and C++.
6. Ensure it is running corectly.
7. Start Windows Update and let it hunt for any other needed versions of .NET and C++ the other installed applications need.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community