DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The product is free will really free?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jyhong
1570 Views, 4 Replies

AUTODESK LICENSE AND SERVICES AGREEMENT

9.             Evaluation/Demonstration/Trial.  If Autodesk identifies the License Type as a "demonstration", "evaluation", "trial," "not for resale" or "NFR" version (each, an "Evaluation License") in the applicable License Identification, Licensee may Install a copy of the specific release of the Licensed Materials designated in the applicable License Identification on one (1) Computer, subject to certain functional limitations described in Section 6.3 (Affected Data), on a Stand-alone Basis, and permit Access to such copy of the Licensed Materials, solely by Licensee's Personnel, solely for Evaluation Purposes, only so long as the maximum number of concurrent Authorized Users does not exceed one (1), and only from Licensee's work location.  An Evaluation License is for a fixed term specified in the applicable License Identification.  If no such term is specified, the term is thirty (30) days from Installation or as otherwise authorized in writing by Autodesk.

I wonder if the legal range!!!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: jyhong

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Has someone asked for your credit card number?

If so I would not give it to them if you just want the Trial version of an Autodesk product. 

But DTV is a Free standalone product from Autodesk that anyone can download and use for however long they wish.

Message 3 of 5
jyhong
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thank you.Smiley Very Happy

"* Free products subject to the terms and conditions of the end-user license agreement that accompanies download of the software"
Post is stated on the website. How do you interpret this article?

Message 4 of 5
Charles_Shade

That when I download it I can use it on one system by one user.

If someone else wants DTV on their system then the need to download and install it on that system.

Message 5 of 5
pendean

IF... don't miss the IF... DTV is not any of these things: "demonstration", "evaluation", "trial," "not for resale" or "NFR" version (each, an "Evaluation License").

It's a free for use license. When you start DTV, does it say any of the above labels? That would be a NO. So #9 does not apply.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report