DWG TrueView

Reply
*McDonough, Mark
Message 1 of 5 (94 Views)

Server Busy message

94 Views, 4 Replies
09-25-2000 01:10 PM
When I Plot in VV1.1,
Upon returning to my Volo View drawing, I see a message on screen
complaining about the server being busy and that the Volo Plot Module is not
responding. However, VV did finish my plots. What does this mean... why
does this message show up?

A JPG of the error message is attached.

--
Mark McDonough
mmcdonough@sasaki.com
http://www.sasaki.com
*Autodesk, Inc.\
Message 2 of 5 (94 Views)

Re: Server Busy message

09-25-2000 03:30 PM in reply to: *McDonough, Mark
The "server busy message" will not appear after loading the plot module if
you wait until the drawing is completely regenerated in the plot module
before switching back to Volo View.

"Mark McDonough" wrote in message
news:2B4E68B851C0C543FE001109D466703F@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> When I Plot in VV1.1,
> Upon returning to my Volo View drawing, I see a message on screen
> complaining about the server being busy and that the Volo Plot Module is
not
> responding. However, VV did finish my plots. What does this mean... why
> does this message show up?
>
> A JPG of the error message is attached.
>
> --
> Mark McDonough
> mmcdonough@sasaki.com
> http://www.sasaki.com
>
>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
*McDonough, Mark
Message 3 of 5 (94 Views)

Re:

09-25-2000 03:46 PM in reply to: *McDonough, Mark
Actually, I believe I have pinpointed the problem. It may occur as you
suggest, howvere in my case it occurs AFTER I have plotted, and then
switched to the Volo View window. As mentioned in another message titled
"Volo View Behavior", when you actually execute plotting, a "Plot Progress"
dialog box flashes by, and the plot "command line" displays a message like
"Plotting Viewport 2". However, it never displays any sort of message to
actually let you know that it's done.

My conclusion: for at least several seconds after the "Plot Progrss" dialog
finishes, Volo Plot is still processing the plot.... there's just no way to
tell, and even though it appears safe to switch to the regular VV window,
you're likely to see the "server busy" alert box I described.

This doesn't seem right.

--
Mark McDonough
mmcdonough@sasaki.com
http://www.sasaki.com

Alisha Weidauer (Autodesk, Inc.) wrote in
message news:2DD9AC5956C346CBE73A416D89DEED91@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> The "server busy message" will not appear after loading the plot module if
> you wait until the drawing is completely regenerated in the plot module
> before switching back to Volo View.
*Bursell, Guy
Message 4 of 5 (94 Views)

Re:

12-14-2003 06:47 AM in reply to: *McDonough, Mark
Mark,

I tend to find this happens if the 'proxy notification' dialog box has moved
to the back, behind the vv & vplt applications. If the alt-tab and pick the
vplt icon from the list the proxy dialog pops up at the front and the server
busy msg will go away. Even though I have the mechanical desktop object
enabler installed, I still get the proxy dialog box coming. I did post a
question about whether this could be turned off or preset last week but have
had no adesk response.

Guy.

--
Guy Bursell
CAD Development Engineer
Mabey & Johnson Ltd.

The facts expressed here belong to everybody, the opinions to me.
The distinction is yours to draw ...

"Mark McDonough" wrote in message
news:9D16BA8E36D006E6D4233362968BE759@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> Actually, I believe I have pinpointed the problem. It may occur as you
> suggest, howvere in my case it occurs AFTER I have plotted, and then
> switched to the Volo View window. As mentioned in another message titled
> "Volo View Behavior", when you actually execute plotting, a "Plot
Progress"
> dialog box flashes by, and the plot "command line" displays a message like
> "Plotting Viewport 2". However, it never displays any sort of message to
> actually let you know that it's done.
>
> My conclusion: for at least several seconds after the "Plot Progrss"
dialog
> finishes, Volo Plot is still processing the plot.... there's just no way
to
> tell, and even though it appears safe to switch to the regular VV window,
> you're likely to see the "server busy" alert box I described.
>
> This doesn't seem right.
>
> --
> Mark McDonough
> mmcdonough@sasaki.com
> http://www.sasaki.com
>
> Alisha Weidauer (Autodesk, Inc.) wrote in
> message news:2DD9AC5956C346CBE73A416D89DEED91@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> > The "server busy message" will not appear after loading the plot module
if
> > you wait until the drawing is completely regenerated in the plot module
> > before switching back to Volo View.
>
*McDonough, Mark
Message 5 of 5 (94 Views)

Re:

12-14-2003 06:47 AM in reply to: *McDonough, Mark
Thanks Guy. What you say, about the background proxy notifications, might
very well be true... personally I haven't experienced that yet. Here, I'm
just working with plain ol' simple R14 Chroma.dwg , a standard AutoCAD
sample drawing. I think I've pretty much pinpointed the issue, that even
after the "Plot Progress" dialog box flashes by on screen, Volo Plot is
still sending the plot for several more seconds afterwards... there is just
no way to tell because the Volo Plot command line doesn't issue any sort of
message like "Plot done". If I try switching back to Volo View 3-5 seconds
after plotting, I see the Server Busy message.

No doubt, many of the issues become compounded when using products like Mech
Desktop, ADT, LDD. etc. Good luck.

--
Mark McDonough
mmcdonough@sasaki.com
http://www.sasaki.com

Guy Bursell wrote in message
news:8A5F0B06142533EA14C1289F18B58915@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> Mark,
>
> I tend to find this happens if the 'proxy notification' dialog box has
moved
> to the back, behind the vv & vplt applications. If the alt-tab and pick
the
> vplt icon from the list the proxy dialog pops up at the front and the
server
> busy msg will go away. Even though I have the mechanical desktop object
> enabler installed, I still get the proxy dialog box coming. I did post a
> question about whether this could be turned off or preset last week but
have
> had no adesk response.
>
> Guy.
>
> --
> Guy Bursell
> CAD Development Engineer
> Mabey & Johnson Ltd.
>

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community