DWG TrueView

Message 11 of 16 (240 Views)

Re: Scaling Error when

05-21-2013 05:12 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade
Hi Charles .. NO screen shots to view, sorry! Also my version of AutoCAD does not have a .PDF option to "plot" to .. I understand that a pseudo .PDF plotter can be added just as one might install a new printer but I haven't researched that to ground yet. In the mean time I assure you that using "DTV" (with all the "switches" set correctly) and creating a .PDF file from my Model space drawing, that was then taken to the local print shop for printing .. there WAS a resulting error (confirmed by a third party) in the finished print .. about 2% linear error .(a design feature, drawn at 28' and the "plotted" (VIA DTV to the .pdf file, in 1"=12" scale) only printed at 27.5'.

BTW, the hardware here is a relatively new HP Z210 workstation running Win7-Pro (32bit), Nvidia graphics card and HP 24" monitor. AutoCAD is version 2000i .. HP750C+ larger format printer was getting "tired" coincidental to computer upgrade and no Win7 Driver for it from HP so it is now "junk" taking up space in the office .. prior to that all client work was printer in-house and mailed to end user so scaling was never an issue.

Attached is "offending" .PDF file if that provides any insight into the problem

Larry
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 12 of 16 (237 Views)

05-21-2013 05:41 AM in reply to: navionflyr
Do yourself a favor: in the time it has taken for this thread to get this far you could have easily found anf downloaded/installed a PDF driver and plotted from AutoCAD directly.
Here are two popular freeware (there are dozens of others):
http://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/writer.asp
www.pdf995.com/
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 13 of 16 (235 Views)

05-21-2013 05:58 AM in reply to: navionflyr

And nothing attached to your thread that I can see.

pdf995 always worked well for me in ealrier versions of AutoCAD

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 14 of 16 (225 Views)

05-29-2013 07:48 AM in reply to: pendean
Dear Pendean ..

Thank you for your suggestion/direction. I don't mean to sound dumb, but I'm not sure exactly what to do with either of the "drivers" that you suggested. Do they install as though they were printers and then show up in the available list in AutoCAD when I want to print .. or do I have to install them with the plotter manager? A few minutes more of your time ... please.
Larry
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 15 of 16 (223 Views)

05-29-2013 08:24 AM in reply to: navionflyr

Yes, you install them as Windows Printer drivers: they become available to all your applications in their respective print/plot functions to create PDFs.
Same in AutoCAD: just ensure you do not have HIDE SYSTEM PRINTERS selected in OPTIONS command's PLOT tab.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Message 16 of 16 (223 Views)

05-29-2013 08:28 AM in reply to: pendean
Thanks

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community