DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

References - Unresolved Reference Files

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
steckrca
4587 Views, 4 Replies

References - Unresolved Reference Files

When opening ANY dwg file with DWG TrueView 2010 or 2011, a dialog box titled "References - Unresolved Reference Files" shows up blank, and halts the program so that it must be closed forcefully.  This only happens at one computer, with all users tried.  The same files open fine in DWG TrueView on other workstations, as well as in Autocad 2009 and 2011 on other workstations.  I have tried uninstalling 2010 and 2011, then reinstalling with no luck.  I have also updated .NET framework to 4.0, run virus scan, disabled Kaspersky, rebooted, etc.  Everything I throw at it does nothing.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: steckrca

The error is specific to the file and the staion that you use: the referenced content is on a drive not accessible by that PC. Fix that location (make it accessible as defined inside the file) and the problem will go away. It's all about the file/folder pathing and what each of those files and drives are called, they all must match 100%.

Message 3 of 5
steckrca

So make sure all my drives are mapped correctly and I should be good.  Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
steckrca

I have yet to resolve this issue.  All drives are mapped correctly, and this error only surfaces on one machine.  Short of reimaging the machine, I feel that I have tried everything.  There are the occasional files that can be opened on the machine in question, and they are saved in the same version of Autocad as those that cannot.  Our cad files are generated out of our own design software, and the ones that can be opened versus the ones that cannot, are created using the same version of our software, with the same characteristics.  I'm at a loss.

Message 5 of 5
marlonamendoza

Hi, i just encounter this same problem just now. I hope this may help your trouble.

Step 1. Open the file thats need to trouble shoot, until it will open "unresolved reference file". Then close the file.

Step 2. Reopen using Acad short cut or Acad exe.

Step 3. Drawing recovery will open if not Close all drawing windows then click file/ drawing recovery manager.

Step 4. open the file that was registered under the Drawing Recovery Manager/ Backup Files.

Step 5. the drawing file will open and the File References Showing the Reference Name with the status saying "not found or unreferenced"

Step 6. Rigth Click each file then Click "Detach"

Step 7. Save your file. then try to reopen.

I hope this works for you.. gud luck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report