DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prob with DWG convert

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
delisle.etienne
753 Views, 4 Replies

Prob with DWG convert

Hi

I'm trying to convert drawings from Inventor 2012 in order to use them in AutoCAD 2000

I tried converting them with DWG Trueview 2014(making them ACAD2000 .dwg) but every time I try to open the files in ACAD2000 I have proxy objects error messages.. Is it normal?

Maybe Im not using the good conversion setup..

I also tried to change the type of file in the saving options to save them directly in the 2000 dwg type but it didnt help.. I had the same problem when opening in ACAD

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: delisle.etienne

proxy object notices usually means you saved down but did not convert the file, unless DTV could not handle them in the first place.
It would appear your file came from a vertical version of AutoCAD (Civil or Architecture or others) and DTV cannot destroys some of those objects down to R2000 plain entities.

You might ask the file creator to "save as autocad" for you first.
Message 3 of 5
delisle.etienne
in reply to: pendean

What do you mean by saving as autocad.. cause I am the file creator hehe

Like you said it looks like the file was not converted but when you try to open an Inventor .DWG in ACAD2000 the error message says it cannot open the file because it was created by a more recent version..

After my conversion I'm able to open it but there are those proxy messages that appear first

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: delisle.etienne

>>>...What do you mean by saving as autocad...<<<

-EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command in the vertical version of AutoCAD where the proxy Objects come from.

if Inventor is the source file, you should seek ehlp from fellow Inventor users in teh Inventor Forum on how best to get content down to R2000 and avoid Proxy Objects if that's even possible.

I'll assume you know how to find the Inventor forum around here on your own, post back if you cannot.
Message 5 of 5

Hi delisle.etienne,

I've read 3 of your threads on this issue, and don't find a clear discription of the "picks and clicks" you made to get the DWG out of Inventor. There are several methods to do this, but the one I think you want is described in this thread:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/From-Inventor2012-to-ACAD2000/m-p/4327172#M476303

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report