DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot going to wrong printer

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
PeterLange7168
1340 Views, 5 Replies

Plot going to wrong printer

We have some engineers who have plotted with TrueView for several years and only recently have we had this problem.  When sending a print job to our KIP 5000, the drawings come out at a different printer (an 8.5x11 printer).  I have checked the plotter configuration, even deleted it and completely redid it with the same result.  None of the AutoCADs have been affected, just the TrueViews.  Any thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: PeterLange7168

Are you using PC3 files? or aiming for system drivers?

Message 3 of 6
PeterLange7168
in reply to: pendean

I always use .pc3 files.  My first thought was that the port was misdirected, but it is pointing to the correct IP address for the KIP plotter.  This is typical for the Page Setups for each drawing.

Message 4 of 6
pendean

I've never experienced it: are you sharing the same exact PC3 files with AutoCAD? Or are they stand-alone?

Are you able to direct to a systemk driver instead?

Message 5 of 6
PeterLange7168
in reply to: pendean

The system driver works! Yeah!

I will still attempt to solve this matter because these two users are the, um, least computer savvy of our users and I try to make things as simple as I can for them.

The .pc3 files we use are local to each hard drive.  These two users experienced the same problem at the same time.  We got new KIP software and I had to go to each computer to redo all of the KIP .pc3 files - AutoCAD works like a charm, TrueView crashed and burned.

Message 6 of 6
MKH-VB

wondering if this issue ever got resolved. I have 2 computers printing to the wrong printer. Selecting Kip, but prints to 8.5 size printer.

mkh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report