DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple drawings in one DWG TrueView window?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
jsrisagar
8271 Views, 10 Replies

Multiple drawings in one DWG TrueView window?

Hi!

I Apologize in advance if this question has been asked before, How do we set TrueView to open multiple drawings in the same window? Kind of like setting SDI=0 in ACAD?

This is killing me because TrueView 2012 takes 10 secs to open every time vs the 2 secs taken by TV2008.

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pendean
in reply to: jsrisagar

How are you opening multiple files?

PS: never compare an old software to a newer software, especially when they are 4-years/versions apart. It's pointless and irrelevant as newer tends to be bulkier, more demanding and often slower.
Message 3 of 11
Charles_Shade

I opened two drawings and drug thier respective windows to one side of the monitor and the other effectively giving me two open files at once.

DTV.jpg

Message 4 of 11
ryanbirch

Did you ever figure out a solution to this?  I had a colleague ask me this today and found this thread while looking for an answer.

We're running DWG Trueview 2014, and I noticed if you open the software first, and then do a File > Open, you can select multiple files that way and they'll open in tabs.  But if you try to open multiple files from Windows Explorer, then it opens multiple instances of Trueview.

Message 5 of 11
pendean

Windows Explorer controls how it is set to open files by what it is set to use for a launch program, where as DTV acts differently and the way you want.

So... What is Windows Explorer set to use to open these files with?
Message 6 of 11
ryanbirch
in reply to: pendean

Explorer is set to open DWG's with DWG Trueview.

Message 7 of 11
pendean

That's the problem perhaps: is there an ACLAUNCHER option?
Message 8 of 11
ryanbirch
in reply to: pendean

Doesn't matter if I choose "AutoCAD DWG Launcher" or "DWG Trueview Application", it will still open a new instance of DWG Trueview 2014 for every file you open from Windows Explorer.  I can see the file association switching from one application to the other - from within Control Panel > Default Programs > Set Associations - but it doesn't make a difference.

Message 9 of 11
ryanbirch
in reply to: ryanbirch

Just tested this on a laptop with a base Windows 7 install and a fresh install of DWG Trueview 2014.  It opens files from Windows Explorer in ONE instance of DWG Trueview, with multiple tabs, as it should.

Makes me think there's a setting somewhere on our network that is causing this.  I'm in the IT department.. and can't think of anything off the top of my head that would cause this, but I'll keep looking..

Message 10 of 11

How to take out each drawing as each slide print

@Charles_Shadewrote:

I opened two drawings and drug thier respective windows to one side of the monitor and the other effectively giving me two open files at once.

DTV.jpg

out?

Message 11 of 11
gainerp

It's really very good thing to know.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report