DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use True View?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
marchitect_nc
6178 Views, 9 Replies

How to use True View?

I downloaded True View. Installed it...but how does one use it? There are no icons to double-click. I restarted LT 2009 and there are no new tabs to select from. I tried to open a drawing created with a newer version and still get the error message saying it was created by a newer version, download True View to view it. Well... I did... but still cannot "see" it. Whats wrong? Acad LT 2009 Win XP
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
DarrenP
in reply to: marchitect_nc

truview is not an add in to autocad lt

its a separate program with a its own desktop icon

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
philip.s
in reply to: DarrenP

Hi Mark,

I also wanted to point out that if you continue to experience issues / are unable to locate the program, I'd suggest looking into AutoCAD WS which is a free viewer, however it's hosted meaning that there is no download or installation required, just an internet connection and a log in.

Message 4 of 10
marchitect_nc

Thank-you for the response. It was a 233 MB download that resulted in a file called: SetupDWGTrueView2013_32bit.exe. Double-clicking that then waiting several minutes resulted in a file on my C drive called DWGTrueViewx86InstallImage in an Autodesk folder. Nothing else. So how am I supposed to get it to run? Thanks, m
Message 5 of 10
DarrenP

you haven't installed anything yet

in that DWGTrueViewx86InstallImage folder there is a setup.exe double click that to install dwg trueview

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
marchitect_nc

Yes the Setup.exe is there but when I double-click it nothing at all happens. Why is this so difficult? Dean; On my second download try I did the direct install. Still no joy. Nothing works.
Message 8 of 10
DarrenP

its not difficult

something on your machine is blocking that .exe from running

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
marchitect_nc

I think this is definitely a case of the tail wagging the dog. As they say on TV, "I'm out". Thanks.
Message 10 of 10
pendean

Your security (Firewall, AV etc.) settings or XP's DEP is preventing it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report