DWG TrueView

lleblanc
Message 1 of 3 (329 Views)

Exporting a solid-filled polygon in DXF

329 Views, 2 Replies
10-17-2013 12:16 AM

My cave survey freeware exports cave line plots in DXF. As users can sketch cave walls and features, I need to also export solid-filled polygons. I tried hatches, but while KLayout displays them fine, albeit hatch-filled instead of solid-filled, DWG TrueView rejects the whole file. My scheme goes like this:

0  "HATCH"
  8  (layer name)
62 (color)
70 (fill type: 1=solid) 91 (number of loops: always 1) 92 (flags, always 3: External (bit 0) | Polyline (bit 1)) 93 (number of edges in the loop) // each point: 10 (position X) 20 (position Y) ... more points with 10/20 group codes

I attached a sample file.

--
Luc Le Blanc
http://www.speleo.qc.ca/Auriga
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 3 (326 Views)

Re: Exporting a solid-filled polygon in DXF

10-17-2013 03:40 AM in reply to: lleblanc

AutoCAD won't open it either. Neither will DRAFTSIGHT (reports it as an illegal entity).

DoubleCAD XT3, will open it but shows this (my guess is your freeware is not creating DXFs to the standard that Autodesk created, but some variant that some software don't necessarily adhere to):

Capture.PNG

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
lleblanc
Message 3 of 3 (318 Views)

Re: Exporting a solid-filled polygon in DXF

10-17-2013 11:29 AM in reply to: pendean

Indeed, my export routine produces a bare bones DXF file with the minimum requirements to make it importable into AutoCAD or other drawing programs.

How/where can I obtain a more complete human/computer diagnosis of the hatch problem in my file? I found very little documentation on that topic.

--
Luc Le Blanc
http://www.speleo.qc.ca/Auriga

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community