DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error - "is running out of system memory"...Please help!

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dficarra
8644 Views, 4 Replies

Error - "is running out of system memory"...Please help!

Hi,

I'm running DWG TureView 2013 and keep having problems opening up one 6mb DWG file.  It gets to 69% and freezes and gives me an error message that says "DWG TrueView is running out of system memory.  Continuing the current operation may result in program failure or loss of data. Do you want to cancel the current operation?"

This only seams to happen to this one file when I try and open it in TrueView and I'm trying to convert it down to ACA 2007 or ACA 2004 so I can use it on our ACA 2008 program.  When I do convert it in TrueView without actually opening it, it creates a DWG file to open in ACA, but that too freezes at 85% so I can't open that either.

Does anyone know how I can fix this issue and get this file open and converted down to a usable file for us?

FYI, I'm running Windows 7 32-bit. 

Thanks for the help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: dficarra

See this tip from Autodesk: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2862058&linkID=9240617

Most likely though, you have just have a corrupt DWG file. Ask the file creator to knock the file down for you if that's an option, they will need to use -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command (there is a dash in the name) and not SAVEAS command.

Message 3 of 5
dficarra
in reply to: pendean

I contacted the file creator and had him clean it up and purge some of the content out of it and the one he re-sent worked fine.  Probably was just an issue with that one file, but we'll see if I get another one down the road that does the same thing.

Thanks Dean.

Message 4 of 5
rina.foo-sc
in reply to: pendean

Hi,

I recently experience this problem while changing my computer. It prompts that DWG trueview 2015 is running out of system memory. I got that error msg while opening some of the files. 

Can you guide me along to use command to solve the problem or any other solution? 

Hope to hear from your reply soon.

Thanks. 

Message 5 of 5
pendean
in reply to: rina.foo-sc

That just means you have either a program scanning DTV while in operation (usually your anti-virus software) or you have a very strict firewall setting that needs to be set to ignore DTV, or you have way too many applications running in the background (rare), or simply the file(s) you open are in excess of 50MB in size and your new PC is on the low end with little HD space and low RAM.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report