DWG TrueView

Contributor
JakeDelgado6031
Message 11 of 15 (366 Views)

Re: Display of Lineweights - Not correct

04-19-2013 08:08 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

I would say this is definitely an issue with the view as it does not follow the settings in the drawing.  I have verified in AutoCAD the lineweight display is set to off and opened the same file in TrueView.  TrueView shows heavy lines for everything in the file.  Not only that, the lineweights are the same for every entity in the file being viewed, regardless of how they look with the lineweight display on in AutoCAD.

I don't see why it would be an issue for Autodesk to allow this toggle in TrueView.  I imagine it would be a simple addition to the program and a useful tool when viewing files originating from others where the lineweights are left on.

In any case, I don't see why the lineweights in TrueView do not scale when zoomed in as they do in AutoCAD.  I understand this is a free program, but Autodesk as a company should be making an effort to have its products behave in a cohesive and predictable manner.  In my opinion, there is no excuse for letting this go on for several releases of the program.

Contributor
JakeDelgado6031
Message 12 of 15 (365 Views)

04-19-2013 08:13 AM in reply to: pendean

The viewer is being used for exactly that by people in our organization that do not need to do anything with the drawings but look at them and possibly take a few dimensions from the geometry.  It would work fine for this purpose if the program did not exhibit this behavior.  Even if the problem could be corrected by opening the file in AutoCAD and changing the lineweight display settings (it noes not), it would be a waste of time for everyone involved for the person wanting to view the file to interrrupt an AutoCAD user to make these changes just to allow them to view the file properly.  Autodesk dropped the ball with this program and is not doing its reputation any favors by continuing to ignore it.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 13 of 15 (362 Views)

04-19-2013 08:32 AM in reply to: JakeDelgado6031

You contradicted yourself, did you skip something?

- I have verified in AutoCAD the lineweight display is set to off.

- and opened the same file in TrueView. TrueView shows heavy lines for everything in the file

- regardless of how they look with the lineweight display on in AutoCAD.

If they are off in AutoCAD when the file is saved, they are off in DTV2013 here too: there is no display issue with line weights.

Did someone turn on line weight displaying in your Layouts' PAGESETUP perhaps? Otherwise, create a test file, ensure it exhibits the problem for you as you outlined it, then post it here for use to see what you see since we obviously cannot replicate it with our files.

PS: unless you are in kindergarten, name calling (even to corporations) and invoking strawman arguments is childish and immature. Act professional around other working stiffs/professionals trying to either help you or confirm there is an issue and perhaps come up with a solution or workaround. Freeware is freeware, excpectations are realistically low for most of us who've been around the block a few times.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Contributor
JakeDelgado6031
Message 14 of 15 (356 Views)

04-19-2013 10:34 AM in reply to: pendean

I don't see the contradiction, but I apologize if I am not clear.  Here is a summary of what I have done.  If you are willing, please let me know if you see a step I have missed:

-Engineer opened file with TrueView 2013.  Lineweights all heavy, all the same regardless of zoom maginification.

-I opened the same file in AutoCAD.  Lineweights are set not to display.  Double checked setting and resaved file.

-Opened the file again in TrueView.  Lineweights heavy.

-I checked other files in the same folder edited by the same user on the same computer and the problem does not occur, so it is not consistent which is why you can't necessarily reproduce it.

I don't see any setting in TrueView that allows me to change how I view the file.

Regarding name calling, I am only offering my opinion on this program.  I am not arguing anyone else should have the same opinion and having given my opinion, I won't need to repeat it.

Thanks for trying to help.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 15 of 15 (352 Views)

04-19-2013 11:44 AM in reply to: JakeDelgado6031

Any chance you can post a DWG with that problem? See attached here, nothing is different at all between AutoCAD and DTV except the program backgrounds.

Just admit it was a rant because no one helped you out until I came along to try :smileyhappy:

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community