DWG TrueView

edgonz
Message 1 of 3 (3,213 Views)

Deploying DWG TrueView 2013

3213 Views, 2 Replies
06-28-2012 07:09 AM

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to prevent destop shortcuts from being created while deploying DWG TrueView 2013.

I was finally able to deploy this application, using SCCM 2012, but I'd like to prevent the desktop shortcuts from being created.

Also, I was able to install this application using: setup.exe /w /t /l /q setup.ini     (Note: for SCCM 2012, make sure not to enclose this command in quotes; leave it as shown)

What is the proper setup.exe parameter to uninstall it?

Thanks!

edgonz
Message 2 of 3 (3,147 Views)

Re: Deploying DWG TrueView 2013

07-05-2012 01:21 PM in reply to: edgonz

FYI,

#==================== Install Info

INSTALL_PATH=%ProgramFiles%\Autodesk
CREATE_DESKTOP_SHORTCUT=NO

The above statement was changed in the setup.ini and doesn't seem to work. The shortcut is still created on the desktop.

edgonz
Message 3 of 3 (3,112 Views)

Re: Deploying DWG TrueView 2013

07-09-2012 05:16 AM in reply to: edgonz

Okay, since it seems that there isn't any viable solution for removing the desktop shortcut for TrueView 2013; I used a batch file installation.

I created a INSTALL.CMD batch file, the the following content in it:

REM Install DWG TrueView 2013
setup.exe /w /t /l /q setup.ini

REM Delete desktop shortcut created by SETUP.EXE for all users
del /q c:\users\public\desktop\dwgtru~1.lnk

If a user is logged on while TrueView is deployed, the user will see the icon on the desktop, but as soon as setup.exe finishes, the second line in the batch file will execute and remove the icon.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community