DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG Trueview startup error

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1855 Views, 2 Replies

DWG Trueview startup error

DWG Trueview 2011, Windows XP

I get the message:
"Unable to run DWG Trueview. This may be due to one of the following reasons:
1) This version of DWG Trueview was not installed properly. In this case, you may want to reinstall DWG TrueView
2) You do not have suffiient rights to run DWG Trueview"

I have tried reistaling, repairing and praying, but nothing. This started with DWG Trueview 2010. I decided to upgrade to 2011 and this didn't fix it.

Any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Shawn_Niles
in reply to: Anonymous

Please try the following:

1) Log on as Administrator to the machine. Does TrueView now open and run correctly? If so, then it is likely a rights issue for the original user. Uninstall TV completely, then reinstall while the Administrator is logged in. Can the original user then use the product?

2) This could also be an issue with the .Net Framework. Uninstall all versions of .Net, and then reinstall only version 3.5, which can be found at the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=ab99342f-5d1a-413d-8319-81da479ab0d7&displaylang=en

Shawn Niles
Autodesk Product Support

Shawn Niles
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm facing the very same issue.:-(

I tried Shawn's suggestion, uninstalled all .NET versions, rebooted, installed .NET 3.5 as described (BTW, .NET 2 SP 2 and 3 SP2 got installed too with this file). Unfortunately, this didn't help.

FYI, we're running AutoCAD LT 2008, which works flawlessy.

Any new hint about how make TrueView 2011 work?...

Thanks and greetings

--Pierre

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report