DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG Trueview on Windows 2008 R2 server

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
crozza
8412 Views, 12 Replies

DWG Trueview on Windows 2008 R2 server

Hi,

We have DWG Trueview 2013 on Windows 2008 R2 Remote Desktop servers.

However, we don't seem to be able to open .dwg files?? Only .dwx and .dwf files. Should we not be able to open .dwg files given the name of the programme? If we cannot open these files then we need to get another programme installed. I installed it locally and it installed DWG Trueview 2012, and it also installed a plugin of Autdesk Design Review 2013, which allows us to open .dwg files.

Advice appreciated!

Many thanks,

Crozza

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
pendean
in reply to: crozza

Not a supported OS may have something to do with it: http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/dwg_trueview_system_requirements.pdf

Message 3 of 13
crozza
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for that.

Is there something we can use as a dwg viewer on the Remote Desktops? This is where all of our files are saved you see. I can install locally for users but opening 'offline' as it were is a bit long winded for them.

Thanks,

Message 4 of 13
crozza

Sorry, my mistake.

Its a .DWF file that we need to be able to open that is currently not possble in DWG Trueview 2013 on Windows 2008 Server. A .dwg can be opened.

Many thanks,

Crozza

Message 5 of 13
ampster402

then you will need Raster Design however I don't know if what you are doing is supported (remote server or O.S.)

Message 6 of 13
pendean

Design Review opens DWF files, no Trueview: same system requirements for both programs however.

Message 7 of 13
crozza

Hi,

Sorry to respond with further questions. Autodesk Design Review certainly looks like the software we require installing.

However, I cannot see anything that suggests compatibility with Windows 2008 r2 servers, and our hosting company is not keen to install something which might not be stable due to incompatbility.

Is there a Windows 2008 server version of Autodesk Design Review? I am struggling to find any such thing on the Autodesk site?

Thanks.

Message 8 of 13
pendean

No, the version posted is the version available: there is not "other" hidden version out there.

So what is it you actually want to do here wiyth the software? You seem very vague about answering questions: Win2008 Server is not an end user OS. Elaborate, there is no wrong answer, just the one you really need (whihc my guess is nothing you've asked so far).

If that's all you have, and you are an end user on a Server OS running end-user applications, someone at that firm sure like to waste money. Perhaps that's the case?

Message 9 of 13
crozza

Hi,

Ok thanks pendean.

Is it likely to work ok on the Windows 2008 r3 server or may there be some instability / incompatibility issues?

Many thanks for all your help!

Message 10 of 13
crozza

Sorry Pendean, I've only just seen this post fully (busy day).

I've just run some cmd prompts, and the OS is as follows:

OS Name:                   Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard
OS Version:                6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

We are a construction company who get sent files, and these can include .dwf, .dwg, and other CAD drawing files. This is a great bit of kit that we want to be able to use to view and print them / save them as .pdf's.

Sorry if I have been vague previously. Hope that helps clarify.

Crozza

Message 11 of 13
pendean

I'm not sure what you are waiting on: just install DTV and see if it runs and works for your needs.

It either will work, or it will not: no fix for the latter from anyone at Autodesk, so you can then move on to something else if needed.

Message 12 of 13
crozza

Will do. Thanks pendean. I'm sure it will work fine on Windows 2008 anyway.

Message 13 of 13
michael.bunschoten

Did you ever succes in gettings this to work? I'm currently building a Windows 2008 R2 server and it needs to run Design Review 2013. After the installation the program starts, but alot of menu options dont respond. I cannot open a file, nor can I close the problem. Anyone who has had the same?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report