DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG TrueView Will Not Open

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dxmnkd316
1915 Views, 1 Reply

DWG TrueView Will Not Open

Greetings,

I have read through a good chunk of these forums and I have a problem that doesn't seem to be addressed. I installed TrueView 2009 on the following system:

Windows XP SP2
4 GB RAM
Fully updated
AutoCAD P&ID 2008
Autodesk Design Review 2009 (latest version)

and after installing TrueView and running the program, I get the following error:

"DWG TrueView Error Aborting
There is a problem with the installation and DWG TrueView cannot continue.

This error may occur if the registry cleaner software has removed or altered registry keys that are required to run DWG TrueView.

To restore the required registry keys, you will need to reinstall DWG TrueView using the Add/Remove Program functionality in the Windows Control Panel."

First, I have not run a registry cleaner on this system. I reinstalled and still got the same message. So I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the program with the same result.

When I attempt to open a drawing on the desktop using DWG TrueView, I get the same error as above and an error that says, "Windows cannot find *drawing path* Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the start button, and then click Search." (I didn't include the drawing path since it's long and isn't relevant).

When I try to import a .dwg or .dxf to AutoDesk Design Review, I get the error, "Problems encountered during dwf import"

I have uninstalled the program, redownloaded the install package, extracted the files, and used various edits to the Setup.ini file suggested in other threads to no avail.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Edited by: dxmnkd316 on Nov 11, 2008 7:06 PM - Edited for formatting
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dxmnkd316
in reply to: dxmnkd316

Well I ended up solving my problem by repairing the installation of AutoCAD P&ID. I should have thought about this before since I'm guessing they use a lot of common files.

So for future reference, try repairing your AutoCAD installation if you get the original error message.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report