DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG TrueView 2014 installation problem - operating system unsupported

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
burcg
10007 Views, 12 Replies

DWG TrueView 2014 installation problem - operating system unsupported

Hello guys,

I'm trying to install DWG TrueView 2014 and getting this error message:

"Operating System Unsupported"

"You cannot install this product on the current operating system. Please read the system requirements for details."

My system is Windows 7 Enterprise - which supports everything.

I tried installing .NET 4.5, the newest one which didn't work.

Any suggestions?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Charles_Shade
in reply to: burcg

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

32 bit or 64 bit OS?

I bet that is what is getting you stuck.

Message 3 of 13
burcg

Unfortunately it's not the case.

OS is 32 bit just as the setup file.

Message 4 of 13
Charles_Shade

Tried the 64?

Are you using I.E. 7 or later?

That would be the only reason I can think of is that the OS is not supported.

You could try removing all of the .NET installs and starting fresh but that does not seem to be the issue.

Message 5 of 13
wendijo

I am having this exact same issue. My system meets all of the system requirements, I tried deleting and reinstalling the NetFramework and tried both the 32-bit and 64-bit installs (my system in 32) and nothing worked. Have you had any luck figuring out the problem?

Message 6 of 13
Charles_Shade
in reply to: wendijo

Message 7 of 13
SeanMacOz
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thats not really at all helpful. We have the same issue here when trying to install the x64 installer on an x64 machine "You cannot install this product on the current operating system. Please see system requirements.... etc"

So, please offer a sensible solution other than uninstalling ALL autodesk products. AutoCAD Elec 2012 thru 2014 installed fine, trueview 2012 thru 2013 installed fine, its just 2014.

Message 8 of 13
Charles_Shade
in reply to: SeanMacOz

Then there may be a hick-up with the DTV 2014 install and THAT one should be removed.

I would not expect that someone would remove ALL Autodesk products in order to complete the installation of one minor product.

It may have ben possible to do a System Restore to prior to the installation of the DTV 2014 and then try the install again. This will in effect remove all install entries and provide you wth a clean slate.

Is everyone's .NET Framework in line with the recommendations in the attached document?

Message 9 of 13
Charles_Shade
in reply to: SeanMacOz
Message 10 of 13
SeanMacOz

Thanks for the Reply Charles however .net is completely up to date. Being software and hardware developers we're pretty tech savy (www.tmtrov.com.au) so this one has us stumped!! x86 told us we have a 64bit system so require the x64 installer. x64 installer told us we don't have the right OS....!!

If we find a solution I will post the method but I wont be holding my breath. I'll just print drawings for my colleague until then 🙂

Message 11 of 13
SeanMacOz

Forgot to mention, DTV2014 didn't install at all, it failed on start so there is nothing to uninstall.

Message 12 of 13
hms8323

Message 13 of 13
ukdxb012
in reply to: hms8323

What OS are you trying to install it on?

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report