DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG TrueView 2013 Won't Re-install

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
TPaul_T
1671 Views, 1 Reply

DWG TrueView 2013 Won't Re-install

Here is my problem.  The computer that I am dealing with is an Acer laptop with Windows 7 64 bit OS.  I installed TrueView 2013 on a user’s computer and it subsequently started not working. It would give the following error.

“The program can’t start because MSVCP100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem.”

I thought because it did not take that long to install that I would just remove it and re-install it.  Repairs don’t seem to work to good for me on other AutoDesk products and I am new to installing TrueView on computers.  I went into control panel and the programs and features to remove it.  Being in a hurry with the engineer watching over my shoulder I could not find “Autodesk TrueView” or just “TrueView”.  Remember I am new to installing Trueview and did not know it was listed as “DWG TrueView 2013”.  I thought that somehow it had been removed from the listing of programs by whatever started causing the error to occur.

Not finding it in the list where I thought it should be I quickly went and deleted the icons and went to explorer and removed all the TrueView folders I could find.  Once that was done I tried re-installing it again.  When I did it said it was already installed.  To let the engineer continue working, I quickly installed TrueView 2012 and it worked.

I have repeated the process above three times since then removing 2012 the right way and even going into the registry and removing any TrueView occurrences there.  Then when I go in to re-install TrueView 2013 it still says that it is already installed.

I have tried to use the Revo Uninstaller software but since it does not show up in control panel that does not work either. I have run searches for anything from Autodesk or TrueView in explorer and removed all files and folders that I could find.

I am next going to try the “How to remove all Autodesk products from a Windows system” located at:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240817&id=2887771&siteID=123112

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: TPaul_T

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums