DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG TrueView 2012 on Citrix

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
SRG88
1358 Views, 3 Replies

DWG TrueView 2012 on Citrix

I've successfully installed DWG TrueView 2012 (64bit) on a Citrix XenApp 5.0 - 2008 64Bit server.  It appeared to install the DWG TrueView software on the XenApp server with no problems or errors.   I then proceeded to publish the TrueView app.  

The problem is... the app appears to run successfully as long as the user is a Domain Admin, or the user is part of the local Administrators group on that particular Citrix XenApp server.   If the user is a regular user, they get an error when trying to run the TrueView app where a window pops up for the user saying "Preparing to Install".  Then after several seconds it fails with the error "DWG TrueView Application has stopped working", and gives the option to Close the Program.  (As mentioned, the user does not get these errors, and the TrueView app runs fine as long as the user has some sort of Admin rights or belongs to the server’s local Admin account).

Has anyone had this experience and been able to resolve it... without having to make all the TrueView users part of the Local Admin group on the XenApp server?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AnOracle
in reply to: SRG88

I'm actually dealing with this at the moment. I'm taking samples of the registry and profile data before and after to see what's being added. Are you using roaming profiles? I'll investigate and report back.

Message 3 of 4
SRG88

Thank you for the reply.  We are currently using roaming profiles in our environment.

Message 4 of 4
AnOracle

.. I can tell you what it isn't.... closer, getting closer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report