DWG TrueView

mblewis
Message 1 of 5 (1,417 Views)

DWG TrueView 2010 Installation Error

1417 Views, 4 Replies
02-07-2010 05:00 PM
I'm attempting to install DWG TrueView 2010 and get the following error:

"The system cannot find the file specified.
C:\install\Autodesk\DWGTrueViewx86InstallImage\SetupRes\eval.msi"

The installation process then terminates.

I'm running Windows XP SP2

Any advice/suggestions greatly appreciated
Product Support
Shawn_Niles
Message 2 of 5 (1,417 Views)

Re: DWG TrueView 2010 Installation Error

03-01-2010 09:35 AM in reply to: mblewis
Are you on 32 or 64 bit? It sounds like you may have downloaded the incorrect installer. Please try to download once more, and make sure to download the installer appropriate for your system. If it still does not work, try installing on a separate machine to see if maybe it is just a problem with the machine you are currently one.

Shawn Niles
Autodesk Product Support

Shawn Niles
Genuine_Drafter
Message 3 of 5 (1,417 Views)

03-05-2010 07:49 AM in reply to: mblewis
Pardon my interruption but...once TrueView is installed and is working properly, is it safe to delete that "C:\install" folder?

I would imagine any necessary files I need would be located in Program Files. I ask because the folder is almost 400MB and I'm trying to free up space on my HDD. If I only needed this folder for the installation process then it's just taking up much needed space.

Thanks
J_Hamill
Message 4 of 5 (433 Views)

08-28-2013 12:51 AM in reply to: Shawn_Niles

Hi,

I understand that this post is ~3 years old but this error has been seen when installing versions 2012 and 2014. The installation media is for the correct architecture so this is not the issue. We have seen this error on multiple machines. Machines being provisioned and live machines within the environment.

We have found that killing msiexec.exe before launching setup.exe allows the installation to complete smoothly.

I hope this helps someone out there!

Cheers

James

J_Hamill
Message 5 of 5 (428 Views)

08-28-2013 01:50 AM in reply to: J_Hamill

Scrap the above, I have just noticed a machine which displayed the error even though Msiexec.exe was not running. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community