DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG True View Hardware Acceleration

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
mohl
8738 Views, 8 Replies

DWG True View Hardware Acceleration

Does anyone know if their is a way using Orca to modify the .msi installer file and shut off Hardware Acceleration by default during the install?

If not, is there a way to shut off Hardware Acceleration for all users by default after installation?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ampster402
in reply to: mohl

I do not know about question #1, but for #2, you can add /nohardware at the end of the Target path.

Right click on the icon used to launch DWG TV and choose Propertities then adjust the Target path to something like

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\DWG TrueView 2011\DWGVIEWR.exe" /nohardware

for example.

HTH

Message 3 of 9
mohl
in reply to: ampster402

This only works if you are launching the app from the icon.  When you launch directly from a drawing file, the setting is not applied.  Are there other options?

Message 4 of 9
pendean

Message 5 of 9
JamesSMI

Hi Mohl,

Did you ever find an answer to this question? I am experiencing the exact same problem.

Message 6 of 9
ukdxb012
in reply to: JamesSMI

Simply add the switch /nohardware to the the Desktop Shortcut for Trueview...

23-03-2015 19-54-28.png

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 7 of 9
JamesSMI
in reply to: ukdxb012

Hi Duncan,

I don't think you understand the problem. That solution only works if you launch from the desktop shortcut. If you try to launch the application by opening a .dwg file, it does not work.

Let me give you a for instance:

I am in windows explorer, TrueView is NOT open, I double click on a .dwg file, it launches Trueview and then the error message comes up and I cannot view the file. Then I have to go to the desktop shortcut, launch Trueview from the shortcut with that /nohardware tag and then either open the .dwg file from inside Trueview or go back to windows explorer to open the file.

Hopefully that clears it up, if not I will record a video and post it.

Thanks,

~James

Message 8 of 9
ukdxb012

Hi James,

Try these key's in DWG Trueview 2016... 0 = off, 1 = on

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\DWG TrueView\R14\dwgviewr-F001:409\3DGS Configuration\Certification]
"HardwareAvailable"=dword:00000000
"HardwareEnabled"=dword:00000000

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 9 of 9
Engineer_4577

There is a user-selectable option in the program!

Just right-click on the icon:

Graphics Performance Menu IconGraphics Performance Menu Icon

at the right-end of the status bar and select "Graphics Performance...".

Once I got in, my settings looked like what is shown in the attached file "dtv_graphics-performance_pop-up.png".  By making one change, DTV is now working properly for me.  The one change is shown in the attached file "dtv_graphics-performance_pop-up_intermediate-mode.png".  I just changed the setting for "2D Display Settings" from "Advanced Mode" to "Intermediate Mode".

Before the change, lines on the bottom 1/3 of my DTV window were missing.  See the attached file "dwg-trueview_graphics-bug1a.png".  The point at which the lines would disappear would change as I scrolled up/down.  If I scrolled my drawing up high enough in the DTV window, all of the lines would be shown.  If I scrolled my drawing down enough in the DTV window, all of the lines would be missing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report