DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL TRUEVIEW UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1019 Views, 4 Replies

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL TRUEVIEW UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY

I am using AutoCAD LT 2010 and was trying to install this so that I could convert a 2012 file that I received from a co-worker.  Big mistake.  Somewhere between needing a downloader client and having to upgrade the .NET frameware, something is conflicting, or it brought a virus in on one of the steps.  I was never able to get it installed, and not I can not use my AutoCAD.  It stops responding within a minute of opening anything.  NOT worth the hassle.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

FYI, R2010 reads AutoCAD 2012 files (and and AutoCAD 2011 files too): you would need DWGTRUEVIEW 2013 or higher to read files you could not open in LT2010.
Message 3 of 5
Charles_Shade

Try a System Resotre back to prior to these install attempts.

Might clean up your Registry and get your 2010 working again.

Then like the man said, just open the drawing from the 2012 program.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I'm sorry.  He actually had AutoCAD LT 2013.  When I tried to open his file, I was told that I couldn't open it because he has a newer version. 

I have tried doing a system restore all the was back to 3 months ago (I tried to install TrueView on Tuesday).  When my computer reboots after the restore, it says that no changes have been made.

Message 5 of 5
Charles_Shade

Any other restore dates from last week or did you try those too?

And have the coworker use -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD to bust the newer file down to 2010 format but beware that he will loose any vertical content that may be in the file. 

Remove the .NET and C++ installs on your computer and then reinstall CAD.

.NET Cleanup Utility:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/NET-Framework-Cleanup-Tool-for-Unhandled-Except...

Autodesk Recommended Clean Install Procedure:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240817&id=2887771&siteID=123112

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report