DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAYSTAMP

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
patrickkey3871
1521 Views, 9 Replies

DAYSTAMP

I am opening a drawing with DWG TureView, the drawing opens, although the DAYSTAMP does not correctly show information, all I get is the red box with diagonal lines.

The attached dwf shows the DAYSTAMP in the upper left corner of the page.

Please help.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: patrickkey3871

What created the "daystamp"?

Message 3 of 10
patrickkey3871
in reply to: pendean

AUTOCAD??? what do you mean what created it?

its the standard DAYSTAMP and its being used in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 autocad, and civil 3d.

Message 4 of 10

if I plot it out of autocad to a dwf file then all works great, but if I use DWG Trueview, or Design Review, the stamp shows as seen on the attachedment.

Message 5 of 10
pendean

There is no DAYSTAMP command in AutoCAD: so you either used a FIELD,or PLOTSTAMP command or the old classic Express Tool RTEXT, or a third party add-on?

Message 6 of 10

Classic misunderstanding. The block "DAYSTAMP", old school block used to display the drawing plot time, date, file location, etc......

Its a AutoLisp routine, display correctly in all format drawings, although as shown on the attached drawing, does not show correctly in DWG Trueview.

Maybe I need to resvae the block in a newer format to be able to have the display of the stamp work correctly, I will try a few different ways.

Thanks for the help.

Message 7 of 10
pendean

What are the object types used? That's where it's failing, and why. The object type is not supported in the viewer.

Message 8 of 10

My bad, RTEXT

Message 9 of 10
pendean

LOL, Express Tools must be loaded to see their custom objects: since you cannot install ET in the viewer... no objects, just a box.

You folks should get into FIELD command in AutoCAD, or PLOTSTAMP as a minimum.

Message 10 of 10
patrickkey3871
in reply to: pendean

Its hard enough trying to get users to remember to have plot stamp on, thus the daystamp. I will investigate the FIELD command.

THanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report