DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting a .las file to a .dxf file

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
10012 Views, 3 Replies

Converting a .las file to a .dxf file

Hi,

I am in the process of using the True viewer 2011 and I need to plot a .las file in the true viewer but don't know how.

I am sure that there is some way of converting the files so they can be read in the True viewer.

This is where my knowlage failes me; after clicking the convert button it is asking me to convert from only two file types none of which are .las files and cant understand it. I know for certin that it can be done but just dnt know how.

I dont not have a background in computers so any help on this matter will be appriciated.

Thanks.

Paul

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

What do you want an LAS file ito be exactly? in AutoCAD (and the viewer), that's just a LayerState file, not a drawing, and the viewer does not use them AFAIK.

Message 3 of 4
enocholumide
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Perhaps you need something quick and can run on all platforms, I wrote a free java application that converts your laser scan to dxf. file format.

Take a look at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/laser-scan-dxf-olumide-igbiloba/

Message 4 of 4
Artur.Mijalski
in reply to: pendean

He has asked about las file. This is something like raw file of point cloud file.

I'm also looking for this kind of sotware/conventer becose of rendering usage.

If you have it  you can gain polimash or 3d solid in point cloud shape. Than u can inport it to your rendering scene 

and start rendering.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report