DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot run or uninstall DWG TrueView - Error 1325 Not valid short file name

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
phaedracook
5897 Views, 6 Replies

Cannot run or uninstall DWG TrueView - Error 1325 Not valid short file name

We can't run DWG TrueView on a 64-bit Windows 7 system or really do anythign else with it without getting a "Error 1325 - Not valid short file name". We've tried to uninstall as Admin as well as run the Microsoft "Fix It" related to uninstalling apps that did not install properly. It crashed when trying to uninstall DWG.

Suggestions?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? We have the same issue on some of our machines deployed with an image...

Thanks, René

Message 3 of 7

Is there really no solution on this problem? No moderator with any answer?

Message 4 of 7
pendean
in reply to: rene.zimmermann

Search the Autodesk website, 1325 error has been around forever in all software and seems to have a lot to do with the system settings/options/access rights, and not the software.

You can also search Microsoft's website for it, and Google:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Error+1325+Not+valid+short+file+name

Message 5 of 7
markhoward2
in reply to: pendean

NIce to inclue the sarcastic LMGTFY link... I've googled the heck out of this problem today and not found one single lead that helps. I'm still googlling and digging. My frustration lies in the fact that the admin account works and the 'test' user account does not, AND our AutoCAD 2011 install works fine as well with redirected start menus and userdata. But no dice on 2013... Someone has to have solved this or knows why it's like this.

Message 6 of 7
phaedracook
in reply to: phaedracook

We found the problems were due to the user account (and their applications) not having appropriate permissions to their App Data folder. Check their user profile folder. Make sure "View hidden files and folders" is turned on or you won't be able to see the App Data folder.

Our environment was a Windows 2008 network with a sync setup so user's files were backed up when they logged off.

Good luck! I know how frustrating this was to solve!

Message 7 of 7
phaedracook
in reply to: markhoward2

One more thing on this... if you find that you are also having sync problems (as we did), you may need to nuke the user profile on the computer so it's regenerated the next time the user logs on. (First, try just setting the permissions so that the user has Write and Modify.)

MAKE SURE to backup their user folder somewhere before you do this so you can restore their desktop files and documents!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report