DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Plotting

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
11417 Views, 4 Replies

Batch Plotting

I am using DWG Trueview 2012 and I have some questions about batch plotting. Sometimes I have to print a few hundred items at a time for customers. I have noticed some items will have errors and may not print due to some errors, but not all. My main issues are I am not sure if I can batch plot to an actual printer...I don't think it works. Batch plotting to a PDF is fine as long as I can fit the items to the page and also choose the proper color management option (monochrome). I need some help writing up some instructions on the best way to Batch Plot from DWG TrueView. Thank you

If you have any other useful tips on using DWG TrueView, those would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Publish how-to tip:
in the publish dialog box you need to highlight all dwgs
(layouts) you wish to plot and then go back to the top
one while holding down the shift key and select the pagesetup
you wish to use. Any printer driver your Windows system can access.

Problem is the limitation of the viewer is you cannot create templates or content to save. So you need someone else to create this master/top file/layout you need to use.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

How does one go about creating this master file?

Message 4 of 5
pendean

you cant if you only have the free viewer.
Message 5 of 5
siraeryn

In DWG Ttrueview 2010, Batch plotting was quite simple.  You'd set up the page setup either directly or through the Plot dialog.  Save the page setup as a Name e.g. Xerox A1

Then when you went to Batch Plot (Publish), you'd add all your drawings, then select all the drawings to be plotted, go to the first one that you did the page setup in and select the page setup name that you created.  This was a temporary page setup only accessible during the session and it wouldn't be saved.

There was a limitation on which page setup you could choose.  It had to be the first drawing in the list.  If you had multiple drawings open and the page setup wasn't set up in the first drawing, then you couldn't seem to use it.

The next version of DWG Trueview I installed was 2012.  The batch plot no longer worked - you can only choose a page setup that is already saved in the file.  I've had various advice that you just need to create a blank file with all the possible combinations and permutations of the page setup already saved in it.  This is generally impractical as people have different PDF printers, sometimes access to different printers etc.

I recently downloaded DWG Trueview 2014 hoping that this bug had been fixed, but it seems to be a feature and still doesn't work.

Has anyone had any success using page setups in batch plotting?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report