DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After the installation of TrueView2015 issues with several other softwares

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
geo-id
3691 Views, 9 Replies

After the installation of TrueView2015 issues with several other softwares

Hello there,

after the installation of the new DWG TrueView 2015 software several other programes (e.g. FreePDF) starts with an error message (see screenshot).

The programs will run correctly after clicking the "ok" button.

Do you know any solution for this problem?

Kindly regareds,

geo-id

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: geo-id

I believe you need to get a fix from Microsoft for the Windows Installer to make it go away.
Message 3 of 10
JensJung9130

Same problem here after installation of Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015 on some Workstations. Any solutions available?

Best regards,

Jens Jung

Message 4 of 10
m_latz
in reply to: JensJung9130

In my experience this comes from a component from the TrueView installation, which is installed at a location where not "all users" have access.

You can check this if you take a view at the windows eventviewer.

In my case it was clear, that if I install with the Administrator, and log in later as "normal user", I have no access to the WebServices folder. So I changed my MSI for trueview with a transformation so that the WebServices folder is placed at a "public location". But you can change also if it is already installed.

regards

Markus

PTV-10-13-2014 4-55-24 PM.png

Message 5 of 10
JensJung9130

Solution for me: http://www.riedmann.it/blog/?m=201405

Quotation from above link:

The solution for DWG TrueView

The solution came from looking in the event viewer under the Windows item, Applications. There was a error message like this one:

“Erkennung von Produkt “{5783F2D7-E028-0409-0100-0060B0CE6BBA}”, Feature “P” und Komponente “{370E1EB0-04EF-4807-8B56-4562457473B8}” fehlgeschlagen. Die Ressource “C:\Users\Lukas\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\WebServices\Dummy.txt” ist nicht vorhanden.”

But the user “Lukas” was the one that installed DWG TrueView on this machine, and other users had not access to this file. The solution was simple: create a file “dummy.txt” in a directory accessibile to all users (I opted for “C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Dummy.txt”, search the reference in the registry (was the entry “7D2F3875820E9040100000060BECB6AB” in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\0BE1E073FE407084B86554265447378B) and change the file location.

The solution for AutoCAD unfortunately was not so fast: in the eventviewer I could see that the installer tried to access a registry entry, precisely this one:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT(64)\TypeLib\{76B039F4-D977-4B80-8DEB-DCD74D6B337F}\1.0\0\win64\

Using RegEdit, I could not read that entry because it was not accessible. So I needed to change first the owner of the respective registry tree to “Administrators” and then add the right to read for all users – unfortunately several steps because this was to repeat for 3 different items, and the subitems became only visible after adjusting the properties of the owner item.

Addendum: DWG TrueView 2014 had the same issue as AutoCAD 2013.

It seems that the guys at AutoDesk have to adjust their installers….

Message 6 of 10
m_latz
in reply to: JensJung9130

Take care on uninstall with this solution, because not all is uninstalled. You have to manually uninstall the WebServices folder.

regards

Markus

Message 7 of 10
sven
in reply to: m_latz

How did You do this? I mean edited this transform?

Message 8 of 10
m_latz
in reply to: sven

I've created a "Hotfix" Msi installer that fixes the problem if TrueView 2015 is already installed or a transform, that fixes the problem during install.

see here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/dwg-trueview/dwg-trueview-2015-installation-error-when-opening-ms-word...

MSI which fixes if already installed.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/dwg-trueview-2015-default/m-p/5890612#M116157

Transform if you have not yet installed.

regards

Markus

Message 9 of 10
sven
in reply to: m_latz

Thank You. Just one more question. Do You have knowledge is DWGTrueView 2016 also affected with this bug? If so, have You already created transform for this version too? Or if 2016 is affected, is this transform version independent?

Message 10 of 10
m_latz
in reply to: sven

No for TrueView 2016 Autodesk fixed that problem. Not yet found any problems.

But TrueView 2015 could not installed if .NET Framework 4.6 is installed. To fix this you need also a transform.

If you have this case, I can adapt the transform.

regards

Markus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report