Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dwf version supported in Whip

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
hangdee
298 Views, 3 Replies

dwf version supported in Whip

What version of dwf file will be supported in Whip viewer?
Can Whip view version 5.5 dwf file?
As I find out there is a dwf 6.0 to 5.5 sample code in the dwf toolkit 6.0 to revert the dwf file.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: hangdee

WHIP! views DWF files at version 5.5. These are often referred to as Classic DWFs. These are the DWFs that lack the paper background. They were intended to look like JPEGs - not plots. "hangdee" wrote in message news:878201.1109260166590.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > What version of dwf file will be supported in Whip viewer? > Can Whip view version 5.5 dwf file? > As I find out there is a dwf 6.0 to 5.5 sample code in the dwf toolkit 6.0 to revert the dwf file.
Message 3 of 4
hangdee

Is there any programming source for transforming dwf 6.0 to dwf 4.2 version? (in dwf toolkit 6.0, the revert sample code can convert 6.0 to 5.5, how about from 5.5 to 4.2?)
Seems Whip can view dwf 4.2 only.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Really. The "classic DWF pc3" was created so users could generate DWF files that were compatible with WHIP!. You can try playing with an ASCII DWF file, simply changing the first line to have version 4.2, and see if that works. I can't recall how much changed between 4.2 and 5.5, but there is a chance that your 5.5 DWF files don't contain any of the new primitives anyway. For example, multiple URLs was one of the changes. My guess is that none of your geometry items have more than one URL. "hangdee" wrote in message news:12113930.1109779730053.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Is there any programming source for transforming dwf 6.0 to dwf 4.2 > version? (in dwf toolkit 6.0, the revert sample code can convert 6.0 to > 5.5, how about from 5.5 to 4.2?) > Seems Whip can view dwf 4.2 only.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services