Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dwf as image

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
655 Views, 8 Replies

dwf as image

Can anyone advise me if it is possible to bring a .dwf file into AutoCAD as an image or the like and add lines as some sort of overlay which can then be plotted together. Thank you John Farrer Binfield Draughting Berkshire, U.K
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Unfortunately not yet, but I heard its being worked on. I'd like to do that too... -- Rob Bendix CAD Manager MulvannyG2 Architecture robb@mulvannyg2.com "John Farrer" wrote in message news:42148774$1_2@newsprd01... > Can anyone advise me if it is possible to bring a .dwf file into AutoCAD as > an image or the like and add lines as some sort of overlay which can then be > plotted together. > > Thank you > John Farrer > Binfield Draughting > Berkshire, U.K > >
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

AutoCAD 2005 allows a DWF file to be read in as a background image - it lines it up with the original DWG - so changes resulting from comments from DWF Composer can be incorporated. This exists today. "Rob Bendix" wrote in message news:4215119c$1_1@newsprd01... > Unfortunately not yet, but I heard its being worked on. > I'd like to do that too...
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Yes, but that's only the markup data. We currently a not able to bring a DWF into the DWG as a background image. For example, if I only receive a DWF from a consultant, I may want to overlay it in my DWG for a comparison. Rob "Scott Sheppard - Autodesk" wrote in message news:421515ff$1_3@newsprd01... > AutoCAD 2005 allows a DWF file to be read in as a background image - it > lines it up with the original DWG - so changes resulting from comments from > DWF Composer can be incorporated. This exists today. > > "Rob Bendix" wrote in message > news:4215119c$1_1@newsprd01... > > Unfortunately not yet, but I heard its being worked on. > > I'd like to do that too... > >
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Hallo Scott, Can you explain how I can do this as I cannot find any way to read a .dwf in AtoCAD. I use ADT 2005. I want to bring into a blank Autocad file the .dwf and then add building services such as pipework on top. Then I need to be able to print both the .dwf image & the pipework together and also save the complete file. Many thanks John Farrer Binfield Draughting Berkshire, U.K "Scott Sheppard - Autodesk" wrote in message news:421515ff$1_3@newsprd01... > AutoCAD 2005 allows a DWF file to be read in as a background image - it > lines it up with the original DWG - so changes resulting from comments > from > DWF Composer can be incorporated. This exists today. > > "Rob Bendix" wrote in message > news:4215119c$1_1@newsprd01... >> Unfortunately not yet, but I heard its being worked on. >> I'd like to do that too... > >
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

In article <4215119c$1_1@newsprd01>, robb@mulvannyg2.com says... > Unfortunately not yet, but I heard its being worked on. > I'd like to do that too... > As a proof of concept we created a DWFXREF addon for AutoCAD 2004. It allows you to add a DWF like a XREF to AutoCAD You can find it at http://www.furix.com/dwfxref/ -- Jos Groot Lipman Visit www.furix.com for BetterWMF and CompareDWG Furix BV
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Many thanks Jos, I'll give it a try. John "Jos Groot Lipman" wrote in message news:MPG.1c7fe9e54556e52b9896a7@discussion.autodesk.com... > In article <4215119c$1_1@newsprd01>, robb@mulvannyg2.com says... >> Unfortunately not yet, but I heard its being worked on. >> I'd like to do that too... >> > As a proof of concept we created a DWFXREF addon for AutoCAD 2004. > It allows you to add a DWF like a XREF to AutoCAD > > You can find it at http://www.furix.com/dwfxref/ > -- > Jos Groot Lipman > Visit www.furix.com for BetterWMF and CompareDWG > Furix BV
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

I had been using Load Markup. Although it is using the image in the DWF to line up with the geometry in the originating DWG, I guess logically it really is only bringing in the markups. "John Farrer" wrote in message news:4215a912_3@newsprd01... > Hallo Scott, > Can you explain how I can do this as I cannot find any way to read a .dwf in > AtoCAD. I use ADT 2005. > > I want to bring into a blank Autocad file the .dwf and then add building > services such as pipework on top. Then I need to be able to print both the > .dwf image & the pipework together and also save the complete file.
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Try copy and paste from the viewer. "John Farrer" wrote in message news:4215a912_3@newsprd01... > Hallo Scott, > Can you explain how I can do this as I cannot find any way to read a .dwf in > AtoCAD. I use ADT 2005. > > I want to bring into a blank Autocad file the .dwf and then add building > services such as pipework on top. Then I need to be able to print both the > .dwf image & the pipework together and also save the complete file. > > Many thanks > John Farrer > Binfield Draughting > Berkshire, U.K > > > "Scott Sheppard - Autodesk" wrote in message > news:421515ff$1_3@newsprd01... > > AutoCAD 2005 allows a DWF file to be read in as a background image - it > > lines it up with the original DWG - so changes resulting from comments > > from > > DWF Composer can be incorporated. This exists today. > > > > "Rob Bendix" wrote in message > > news:4215119c$1_1@newsprd01... > >> Unfortunately not yet, but I heard its being worked on. > >> I'd like to do that too... > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services