Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

brain dump to customize DWF PWTs

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
254 Views, 7 Replies

brain dump to customize DWF PWTs

Although the Help is not bad, I am having some difficulty customizing the template. Is there a more thorough explanation about exactly how to do this. I am only slightly familiar with HTML, but learning. Thanks -- Paul Humphrey CAD Manager GUEST - REDDICK ARCHITECTS 602 Garrison Avenue, Suite 800 Fort Smith, AR 72901-2537 PH (479) 782-4085 FX (479) 782-7453 www.guestreddick.com
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you describe what you are trying to accomplish? "Paul Humphrey" wrote in message news:3fe1d750$1_2@statler... > Although the Help is not bad, I am having some difficulty customizing the > template. > > Is there a more thorough explanation about exactly how to do this. I am > only slightly familiar with HTML, but learning. > > Thanks > > -- > Paul Humphrey > CAD Manager > GUEST - REDDICK ARCHITECTS > 602 Garrison Avenue, Suite 800 Fort Smith, AR 72901-2537 > PH (479) 782-4085 FX (479) 782-7453 > www.guestreddick.com > >
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Sure, but promise not to laugh at my HTML inabilities! #1-(not HTML related, but fairly important)- how am I going to share a custom template with the other 8 users here without going to each machine? Where is that path stored? #2-Insert a logo on the acwebpublish.htm page, and where does the logo need to be for it to be found? #3- Change color scheme of acwebpublish.htm (I should have that figured out, but again, I am sorta slow ;) #4-Change the text style of acwebpublish.htm I have screwed something up now though, I am getting "Unknown Error Code 8310"--I copied the .pwt and backed it up before hacking around, and have since replaced it with the original. It completely shuts ADT4 down. (dangit why can't I leave well enough alone!) I am attempting to modify the "Array of Thumbnails.pwt". Admittedly you have some great advise in the code, but I am just not up to par enough to do what I want to. I feel that a lot of this is hidden in a CSS in the themes somewhere, but I haven't figured out how to use those either-but I am beginning to understand the power behind them. BTW, I found a misspelling in a dialogue box during my experimentation, see attachment. Thank you for your time! "John Schmier (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:3fe202dd$1_7@statler... > Can you describe what you are trying to accomplish? > > "Paul Humphrey" wrote in message > news:3fe1d750$1_2@statler... > > Although the Help is not bad, I am having some difficulty customizing the > > template. > > > > Is there a more thorough explanation about exactly how to do this. I am > > only slightly familiar with HTML, but learning. > > > > Thanks > > > > -- > > Paul Humphrey > > CAD Manager > > GUEST - REDDICK ARCHITECTS > > 602 Garrison Avenue, Suite 800 Fort Smith, AR 72901-2537 > > PH (479) 782-4085 FX (479) 782-7453 > > www.guestreddick.com > > > > > >
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Darn, my ignorance must have scared you off ;) I will be in no way offended if you suggest I do some homework before trying to accomplish these things. I am just not sure where to start--CSS, HTML etc.. Thanks . "Paul Humphrey" wrote in message news:3fe2378b$1_7@statler... > Sure, but promise not to laugh at my HTML inabilities! > > #1-(not HTML related, but fairly important)- how am I going to share a > custom template with the other 8 users here without going to each machine? > Where is that path stored? > > #2-Insert a logo on the acwebpublish.htm page, and where does the logo need > to be for it to be found? > > #3- Change color scheme of acwebpublish.htm (I should have that figured out, > but again, I am sorta slow ;) > > #4-Change the text style of acwebpublish.htm > > I have screwed something up now though, I am getting "Unknown Error Code > 8310"--I copied the .pwt and backed it up before hacking around, and have > since replaced it with the original. It completely shuts ADT4 down. (dangit > why can't I leave well enough alone!) > > I am attempting to modify the "Array of Thumbnails.pwt". Admittedly you > have some great advise in the code, but I am just not up to par enough to do > what I want to. > > I feel that a lot of this is hidden in a CSS in the themes somewhere, but I > haven't figured out how to use those either-but I am beginning to understand > the power behind them. > > > BTW, I found a misspelling in a dialogue box during my experimentation, see > attachment. > > Thank you for your time! > > > "John Schmier (Autodesk)" wrote in > message news:3fe202dd$1_7@statler... > > Can you describe what you are trying to accomplish? > > > > "Paul Humphrey" wrote in message > > news:3fe1d750$1_2@statler... > > > Although the Help is not bad, I am having some difficulty customizing > the > > > template. > > > > > > Is there a more thorough explanation about exactly how to do this. I am > > > only slightly familiar with HTML, but learning. > > > > > > Thanks > > > > > > -- > > > Paul Humphrey > > > CAD Manager > > > GUEST - REDDICK ARCHITECTS > > > 602 Garrison Avenue, Suite 800 Fort Smith, AR 72901-2537 > > > PH (479) 782-4085 FX (479) 782-7453 > > > www.guestreddick.com > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

I'm not totally familiar with ADT, but it sounds like you are trying to use ADT to generate an HTML, from what I've read below. If that is the case, have you tried posting your request on the ADT newsgroups? PS: You haven't scared me off. "Paul Humphrey" wrote in message news:3fe32fd3_7@statler... > Darn, my ignorance must have scared you off ;) > > I will be in no way offended if you suggest I do some homework before trying > to accomplish these things. I am just not sure where to start--CSS, HTML > etc.. > > Thanks > . > > "Paul Humphrey" wrote in message > news:3fe2378b$1_7@statler... > > Sure, but promise not to laugh at my HTML inabilities! > > > > #1-(not HTML related, but fairly important)- how am I going to share a > > custom template with the other 8 users here without going to each machine? > > Where is that path stored? > > > > #2-Insert a logo on the acwebpublish.htm page, and where does the logo > need > > to be for it to be found? > > > > #3- Change color scheme of acwebpublish.htm (I should have that figured > out, > > but again, I am sorta slow ;) > > > > #4-Change the text style of acwebpublish.htm > > > > I have screwed something up now though, I am getting "Unknown Error Code > > 8310"--I copied the .pwt and backed it up before hacking around, and have > > since replaced it with the original. It completely shuts ADT4 down. > (dangit > > why can't I leave well enough alone!) > > > > I am attempting to modify the "Array of Thumbnails.pwt". Admittedly you > > have some great advise in the code, but I am just not up to par enough to > do > > what I want to. > > > > I feel that a lot of this is hidden in a CSS in the themes somewhere, but > I > > haven't figured out how to use those either-but I am beginning to > understand > > the power behind them. > > > > > > BTW, I found a misspelling in a dialogue box during my experimentation, > see > > attachment. > > > > Thank you for your time! > > > > > > "John Schmier (Autodesk)" wrote in > > message news:3fe202dd$1_7@statler... > > > Can you describe what you are trying to accomplish? > > > > > > "Paul Humphrey" wrote in message > > > news:3fe1d750$1_2@statler... > > > > Although the Help is not bad, I am having some difficulty customizing > > the > > > > template. > > > > > > > > Is there a more thorough explanation about exactly how to do this. I > am > > > > only slightly familiar with HTML, but learning. > > > > > > > > Thanks > > > > > > > > -- > > > > Paul Humphrey > > > > CAD Manager > > > > GUEST - REDDICK ARCHITECTS > > > > 602 Garrison Avenue, Suite 800 Fort Smith, AR 72901-2537 > > > > PH (479) 782-4085 FX (479) 782-7453 > > > > www.guestreddick.com > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

I assumed Publish to Web was a generic program that spanned all core & vertical apps and not ADT specific. I am trying to publish an HTML that hosts the DWF's that I can put on our site in a down and dirty method without a lot of work, but with some extensive front end work to customize it to look like we generated it (and not ADSK). I assumed that this would be the best place to discuss this, thinking that anyone using DWFs would evolve to using the Publish To Web feature. Aside from the ADT and DWF NGs, where else would be the best place to discuss this? Thanks "John Schmier (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:3fe34335$1_7@statler... > I'm not totally familiar with ADT, but it sounds like you are trying to use > ADT to generate an HTML, from what I've read below. If that is the case, > have you tried posting your request on the ADT newsgroups? > > PS: You haven't scared me off. > > "Paul Humphrey" wrote in message > news:3fe32fd3_7@statler... > > Darn, my ignorance must have scared you off ;) > > > > I will be in no way offended if you suggest I do some homework before > trying > > to accomplish these things. I am just not sure where to start--CSS, HTML > > etc.. > > > > Thanks > > . > > > > "Paul Humphrey" wrote in message > > news:3fe2378b$1_7@statler... > > > Sure, but promise not to laugh at my HTML inabilities! > > > > > > #1-(not HTML related, but fairly important)- how am I going to share a > > > custom template with the other 8 users here without going to each > machine? > > > Where is that path stored? > > > > > > #2-Insert a logo on the acwebpublish.htm page, and where does the logo > > need > > > to be for it to be found? > > > > > > #3- Change color scheme of acwebpublish.htm (I should have that figured > > out, > > > but again, I am sorta slow ;) > > > > > > #4-Change the text style of acwebpublish.htm > > > > > > I have screwed something up now though, I am getting "Unknown Error Code > > > 8310"--I copied the .pwt and backed it up before hacking around, and > have > > > since replaced it with the original. It completely shuts ADT4 down. > > (dangit > > > why can't I leave well enough alone!) > > > > > > I am attempting to modify the "Array of Thumbnails.pwt". Admittedly you > > > have some great advise in the code, but I am just not up to par enough > to > > do > > > what I want to. > > > > > > I feel that a lot of this is hidden in a CSS in the themes somewhere, > but > > I > > > haven't figured out how to use those either-but I am beginning to > > understand > > > the power behind them. > > > > > > > > > BTW, I found a misspelling in a dialogue box during my experimentation, > > see > > > attachment. > > > > > > Thank you for your time! > > > > > > > > > "John Schmier (Autodesk)" wrote > in > > > message news:3fe202dd$1_7@statler... > > > > Can you describe what you are trying to accomplish? > > > > > > > > "Paul Humphrey" wrote in > message > > > > news:3fe1d750$1_2@statler... > > > > > Although the Help is not bad, I am having some difficulty > customizing > > > the > > > > > template. > > > > > > > > > > Is there a more thorough explanation about exactly how to do this. > I > > am > > > > > only slightly familiar with HTML, but learning. > > > > > > > > > > Thanks > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > > > Paul Humphrey > > > > > CAD Manager > > > > > GUEST - REDDICK ARCHITECTS > > > > > 602 Garrison Avenue, Suite 800 Fort Smith, AR 72901-2537 > > > > > PH (479) 782-4085 FX (479) 782-7453 > > > > > www.guestreddick.com > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

What you asking for is more about publish and not dwf's. There are a couple newsgroups where you could post your question and get more autocad specific folks looking at it. I would try the following: autocad.customization autocad.2004 autocad.2002general "Paul Humphrey" wrote in message news:3fe36101$1_1@statler... > I assumed Publish to Web was a generic program that spanned all core & > vertical apps and not ADT specific. I am trying to publish an HTML that > hosts the DWF's that I can put on our site in a down and dirty method > without a lot of work, but with some extensive front end work to customize > it to look like we generated it (and not ADSK). > > I assumed that this would be the best place to discuss this, thinking that > anyone using DWFs would evolve to using the Publish To Web feature. > > Aside from the ADT and DWF NGs, where else would be the best place to > discuss this? > > Thanks > > > "John Schmier (Autodesk)" wrote in > message news:3fe34335$1_7@statler... > > I'm not totally familiar with ADT, but it sounds like you are trying to > use > > ADT to generate an HTML, from what I've read below. If that is the case, > > have you tried posting your request on the ADT newsgroups? > > > > PS: You haven't scared me off. > > > > "Paul Humphrey" wrote in message > > news:3fe32fd3_7@statler... > > > Darn, my ignorance must have scared you off ;) > > > > > > I will be in no way offended if you suggest I do some homework before > > trying > > > to accomplish these things. I am just not sure where to start--CSS, > HTML > > > etc.. > > > > > > Thanks > > > . > > > > > > "Paul Humphrey" wrote in message > > > news:3fe2378b$1_7@statler... > > > > Sure, but promise not to laugh at my HTML inabilities! > > > > > > > > #1-(not HTML related, but fairly important)- how am I going to share a > > > > custom template with the other 8 users here without going to each > > machine? > > > > Where is that path stored? > > > > > > > > #2-Insert a logo on the acwebpublish.htm page, and where does the logo > > > need > > > > to be for it to be found? > > > > > > > > #3- Change color scheme of acwebpublish.htm (I should have that > figured > > > out, > > > > but again, I am sorta slow ;) > > > > > > > > #4-Change the text style of acwebpublish.htm > > > > > > > > I have screwed something up now though, I am getting "Unknown Error > Code > > > > 8310"--I copied the .pwt and backed it up before hacking around, and > > have > > > > since replaced it with the original. It completely shuts ADT4 down. > > > (dangit > > > > why can't I leave well enough alone!) > > > > > > > > I am attempting to modify the "Array of Thumbnails.pwt". Admittedly > you > > > > have some great advise in the code, but I am just not up to par enough > > to > > > do > > > > what I want to. > > > > > > > > I feel that a lot of this is hidden in a CSS in the themes somewhere, > > but > > > I > > > > haven't figured out how to use those either-but I am beginning to > > > understand > > > > the power behind them. > > > > > > > > > > > > BTW, I found a misspelling in a dialogue box during my > experimentation, > > > see > > > > attachment. > > > > > > > > Thank you for your time! > > > > > > > > > > > > "John Schmier (Autodesk)" wrote > > in > > > > message news:3fe202dd$1_7@statler... > > > > > Can you describe what you are trying to accomplish? > > > > > > > > > > "Paul Humphrey" wrote in > > message > > > > > news:3fe1d750$1_2@statler... > > > > > > Although the Help is not bad, I am having some difficulty > > customizing > > > > the > > > > > > template. > > > > > > > > > > > > Is there a more thorough explanation about exactly how to do this. > > I > > > am > > > > > > only slightly familiar with HTML, but learning. > > > > > > > > > > > > Thanks > > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > > > > Paul Humphrey > > > > > > CAD Manager > > > > > > GUEST - REDDICK ARCHITECTS > > > > > > 602 Garrison Avenue, Suite 800 Fort Smith, AR 72901-2537 > > > > > > PH (479) 782-4085 FX (479) 782-7453 > > > > > > www.guestreddick.com > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

You might try in the print/plot group but I'm with you and think this would be the right NG. But once you get if figured out pass on how you did it. (please) Murph "Paul Humphrey" wrote in message news:3fe36101$1_1@statler... > I assumed Publish to Web was a generic program that spanned all core & > vertical apps and not ADT specific. I am trying to publish an HTML that > hosts the DWF's that I can put on our site in a down and dirty method > without a lot of work, but with some extensive front end work to customize > it to look like we generated it (and not ADSK). > > I assumed that this would be the best place to discuss this, thinking that > anyone using DWFs would evolve to using the Publish To Web feature. > > Aside from the ADT and DWF NGs, where else would be the best place to > discuss this? > > Thanks > > > "John Schmier (Autodesk)" wrote in > message news:3fe34335$1_7@statler... > > I'm not totally familiar with ADT, but it sounds like you are trying to > use > > ADT to generate an HTML, from what I've read below. If that is the case, > > have you tried posting your request on the ADT newsgroups? > > > > PS: You haven't scared me off. > > > > "Paul Humphrey" wrote in message > > news:3fe32fd3_7@statler... > > > Darn, my ignorance must have scared you off ;) > > > > > > I will be in no way offended if you suggest I do some homework before > > trying > > > to accomplish these things. I am just not sure where to start--CSS, > HTML > > > etc.. > > > > > > Thanks > > > . > > > > > > "Paul Humphrey" wrote in message > > > news:3fe2378b$1_7@statler... > > > > Sure, but promise not to laugh at my HTML inabilities! > > > > > > > > #1-(not HTML related, but fairly important)- how am I going to share a > > > > custom template with the other 8 users here without going to each > > machine? > > > > Where is that path stored? > > > > > > > > #2-Insert a logo on the acwebpublish.htm page, and where does the logo > > > need > > > > to be for it to be found? > > > > > > > > #3- Change color scheme of acwebpublish.htm (I should have that > figured > > > out, > > > > but again, I am sorta slow ;) > > > > > > > > #4-Change the text style of acwebpublish.htm > > > > > > > > I have screwed something up now though, I am getting "Unknown Error > Code > > > > 8310"--I copied the .pwt and backed it up before hacking around, and > > have > > > > since replaced it with the original. It completely shuts ADT4 down. > > > (dangit > > > > why can't I leave well enough alone!) > > > > > > > > I am attempting to modify the "Array of Thumbnails.pwt". Admittedly > you > > > > have some great advise in the code, but I am just not up to par enough > > to > > > do > > > > what I want to. > > > > > > > > I feel that a lot of this is hidden in a CSS in the themes somewhere, > > but > > > I > > > > haven't figured out how to use those either-but I am beginning to > > > understand > > > > the power behind them. > > > > > > > > > > > > BTW, I found a misspelling in a dialogue box during my > experimentation, > > > see > > > > attachment. > > > > > > > > Thank you for your time! > > > > > > > > > > > > "John Schmier (Autodesk)" wrote > > in > > > > message news:3fe202dd$1_7@statler... > > > > > Can you describe what you are trying to accomplish? > > > > > > > > > > "Paul Humphrey" wrote in > > message > > > > > news:3fe1d750$1_2@statler... > > > > > > Although the Help is not bad, I am having some difficulty > > customizing > > > > the > > > > > > template. > > > > > > > > > > > > Is there a more thorough explanation about exactly how to do this. > > I > > > am > > > > > > only slightly familiar with HTML, but learning. > > > > > > > > > > > > Thanks > > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > > > > Paul Humphrey > > > > > > CAD Manager > > > > > > GUEST - REDDICK ARCHITECTS > > > > > > 602 Garrison Avenue, Suite 800 Fort Smith, AR 72901-2537 > > > > > > PH (479) 782-4085 FX (479) 782-7453 > > > > > > www.guestreddick.com > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services