Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens to custom objects from DWG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
253 Views, 2 Replies

What happens to custom objects from DWG

I have a product that is an AutoCAD plugin using ObjectARX. It creates custom objects in the DWG file that only it can interpret, via the callbacks dxfInFields, worldDraw, etc. What happens to my custom objects when a DWF file is published from AutoCAD? Are they simply discarded? (I'm thinking of using the DWF 6 and WHIP! toolkits to do something with them if they're passed on in some form to the DWF file.) Thanks, David
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Do your objects plot? If your objects plot, then how this plot normally determines what appears in the DWF file. "David Foyt" wrote in message news:41211cac$1_3@newsprd01... > I have a product that is an AutoCAD plugin using ObjectARX. It creates > custom objects in the DWG file that only it can interpret, via the > callbacks dxfInFields, worldDraw, etc. What happens to my custom objects > when a DWF file is published from AutoCAD? Are they simply discarded? > (I'm thinking of using the DWF 6 and WHIP! toolkits to do something with > them if they're passed on in some form to the DWF file.) > > Thanks, > David
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks, Scott. Yes, they do plot; our worldDraw is called at plot time. They also contain binary data that's not visual, but that I would like to have access to in the DWF file. What I'm really looking for is a way of "hiding" a binary blob so that it doesn't affect the appearance of the drawing in DWF Composer or Viewer, and so that I can still access it in the DWF file using the toolkit api's. Does anyone have a suggestion how this might be done? Thanks, David Scott Sheppard wrote: > Do your objects plot? If your objects plot, then how this plot normally > determines what appears in the DWF file. > > "David Foyt" wrote in message news:41211cac$1_3@newsprd01... > >>I have a product that is an AutoCAD plugin using ObjectARX. It creates >>custom objects in the DWG file that only it can interpret, via the >>callbacks dxfInFields, worldDraw, etc. What happens to my custom objects >>when a DWF file is published from AutoCAD? Are they simply discarded? >>(I'm thinking of using the DWF 6 and WHIP! toolkits to do something with >>them if they're passed on in some form to the DWF file.) >> >>Thanks, >>David > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services