Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water Marking

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
733 Views, 15 Replies

Water Marking

Are there methods for adding water marking to DWF's? If not, when will a method be available?
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I would like to see an Express Viewer API to match the Whip! MergeDWF command. I have a dwf with the water mark information I want; then before a user prints a dwf, I use the MergeDWF command to merge the water mark dwf. "Charles Bliss" wrote in message news:3ff3b4ad$1_2@statler... > Are there methods for adding water marking to DWF's? If not, when will > a method be available? >
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous

In AutoCAD, add whatever text you want in the background before you create the DWF. -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt -- "Charles Bliss" wrote in message news:3ff3b4ad$1_2@statler... > Are there methods for adding water marking to DWF's? If not, when will > a method be available? >
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous

-TEXT, DTEXT or MTEXT commands in AutoCAD, automate as needed to suit your requirements. No brainer, part of the thousands of dollars you pay for an open program like AutoCAD. Post back if you need help: AutoCAD details too. -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt -- "Bob" wrote in message news:3ff56dbf$1_4@statler... > I would like to see an Express Viewer API to match the Whip! MergeDWF > command. I have a dwf with the water mark information I want; then before a > user prints a dwf, I use the MergeDWF command to merge the water mark dwf. > > "Charles Bliss" wrote in message > news:3ff3b4ad$1_2@statler... > > Are there methods for adding water marking to DWF's? If not, when will > > a method be available? > > > >
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous

Water marking is a bit more complicated than that. It needs to be readable but not overpowering so that when it is printed or viewed, it is kind of light gray in the background. It usually includes big letters saying "...Confidential..." or "...Proprietary....". It is also common practice to have a date or the login name of the individual who creates it. It is all about protecting Intellectual Property in a way that will stand up in court. It can be done with PDF and I would hope there is a way of doing it with DWF. Dean Saadallah wrote: >In AutoCAD, add whatever text you want in the background before you create >the DWF. > > >
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous

Not really complicated at all, I've been watermarking plots since R9, got the idea back then from several senior AutoCAD users that had been doing it since AutoCAD had text: you take the time and set it up to your standards, desired plot style settings and DRAWORDER (or binding to titleblocks), and it works just fine. No need to over complicate it. It's not a new idea in AutoCAD, it' been around since printing and plotting has been an option (read, forever). DWF write tools that work only on DWF files are being developed: they will not be free (like your PDF tools), and they are not out yet. There are a dozen companies (not Autodesk as far as I can tell) working on this and so much more. You'll have to wait and see rigtht now. You can also create your own as the API is free to all: all you need is programming know-how (or hire someone who does). Enjoy. -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt -- "Charles Bliss" wrote in message news:3ff64694$1_2@statler... > Water marking is a bit more complicated than that. It needs to be > readable but not overpowering so that when it is printed or viewed, it > is kind of light gray in the background. It usually includes big > letters saying "...Confidential..." or "...Proprietary....". It is also > common practice to have a date or the login name of the individual who > creates it. It is all about protecting Intellectual Property in a way > that will stand up in court. > > It can be done with PDF and I would hope there is a way of doing it with > DWF. > > Dean Saadallah wrote: > > >In AutoCAD, add whatever text you want in the background before you create > >the DWF. > > > > > > >
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous

I forgot to mention, I am working with Inventor, not AutoCAD. As to programming, I suppose I should look at the API in a bit more depth. My PDF tool is free, you are free to download it if you want but it only works with Inventor. Are you suggesting that the current API supports watermarking or does it need some deep programming? Dean Saadallah wrote: >Not really complicated at all, I've been watermarking plots since R9, got >the idea back then from several senior AutoCAD users that had been doing it >since AutoCAD had text: you take the time and set it up to your standards, >desired plot style settings and DRAWORDER (or binding to titleblocks), and >it works just fine. >No need to over complicate it. It's not a new idea in AutoCAD, it' been >around since printing and plotting has been an option (read, forever). > >DWF write tools that work only on DWF files are being developed: they will >not be free (like your PDF tools), and they are not out yet. There are a >dozen companies (not Autodesk as far as I can tell) working on this and so >much more. You'll have to wait and see rigtht now. > >You can also create your own as the API is free to all: all you need is >programming know-how (or hire someone who does). > >Enjoy. > > >
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous

Needs programming. -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt -- "Charles Bliss" wrote in message news:3ff67cb8$1_4@statler... > I forgot to mention, I am working with Inventor, not AutoCAD. As to > programming, I suppose I should look at the API in a bit more depth. My > PDF tool is free, you are free to download it if you want but it only > works with Inventor. > > Are you suggesting that the current API supports watermarking or does it > need some deep programming? > > Dean Saadallah wrote: > > >Not really complicated at all, I've been watermarking plots since R9, got > >the idea back then from several senior AutoCAD users that had been doing it > >since AutoCAD had text: you take the time and set it up to your standards, > >desired plot style settings and DRAWORDER (or binding to titleblocks), and > >it works just fine. > >No need to over complicate it. It's not a new idea in AutoCAD, it' been > >around since printing and plotting has been an option (read, forever). > > > >DWF write tools that work only on DWF files are being developed: they will > >not be free (like your PDF tools), and they are not out yet. There are a > >dozen companies (not Autodesk as far as I can tell) working on this and so > >much more. You'll have to wait and see rigtht now. > > > >You can also create your own as the API is free to all: all you need is > >programming know-how (or hire someone who does). > > > >Enjoy. > > > > > > >
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous

At what level, can it be done with the existing API? Dean Saadallah wrote: >Needs programming. > > >
Message 10 of 16
Anonymous

Looks like you need to download it and work it out. -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt -- "Charles Bliss" wrote in message news:3ff74ed0$1_2@statler... > At what level, can it be done with the existing API? > > Dean Saadallah wrote: > > >Needs programming. > > > > > > >
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous

Thanks, will do. Dean Saadallah wrote: >Looks like you need to download it and work it out. > > >
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous

We have a small program that's built into the drawing templates that will print out a DWF to a specified folder on the server. The program contains a small macro that will create a sketch with text saying it's a reference document, prints the DWF, and then deletes the sketch. It's not perfect, but it works for us. Joe Bartels "Charles Bliss" wrote in message news:3ff3b4ad$1_2@statler... > Are there methods for adding water marking to DWF's? If not, when will > a method be available? >
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous

Workarounds are acceptable but I am using Inventor and I suspect you are using AutoCAD where that might be a bit easier. If you are doing it with Inventor I would be very interested in learning more about the macro. Joe Bartels wrote: >We have a small program that's built into the drawing templates that will >print out a DWF to a specified folder on the server. The program contains a >small macro that will create a sketch with text saying it's a reference >document, prints the DWF, and then deletes the sketch. It's not perfect, >but it works for us. > >Joe Bartels > >"Charles Bliss" wrote in message >news:3ff3b4ad$1_2@statler... > > >>Are there methods for adding water marking to DWF's? If not, when will >>a method be available? >> >> >> > > > >
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous

Charles, We are adding the ability in our upcoming AcroPlot Matrix program. We had to use the C++ Toolkit and still wasn't easy from what the C++ programmer told. But we can add both images and text I think and should have it ready in a couple weeks if all goes well. -- Rodney McManamy President CADzation ------------------------- rmcmanamy@cadzation.com ------------------------- 518 South Route 31 Suite 200 McHenry, IL 60050 www.cadzation.com Providing Industrial Strength PDF & DWF Solutions to the Global CAD Marketplace. "Charles Bliss" wrote in message news:3ffacc91$1_3@statler... > Workarounds are acceptable but I am using Inventor and I suspect you are > using AutoCAD where that might be a bit easier. If you are doing it > with Inventor I would be very interested in learning more about the macro. > > Joe Bartels wrote: > > >We have a small program that's built into the drawing templates that will > >print out a DWF to a specified folder on the server. The program contains a > >small macro that will create a sketch with text saying it's a reference > >document, prints the DWF, and then deletes the sketch. It's not perfect, > >but it works for us. > > > >Joe Bartels > > > >"Charles Bliss" wrote in message > >news:3ff3b4ad$1_2@statler... > > > > > >>Are there methods for adding water marking to DWF's? If not, when will > >>a method be available? > >> > >> > >> > > > > > > > > >
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous

This is the code I'm using to print a DWF to a specified folder in Inventor. About halfway in the macro the sketch is created, and then it's deleted at the end of the macro when the DWF has been printed. Option Explicit Private obDocument As Document Public WithEvents DocEvents As DocumentEvents Public Sub AutoSave_Copy_by_Event() Set DocEvents = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument.DocumentEvents End Sub Public Sub DocEvents_OnSave(ByVal BeforeOrAfter As EventTimingEnum, ByVal Context As NameValueMap, HandlingCode As HandlingCodeEnum) SaveAsType "dwf" End Sub Private Sub SaveAsType(szFileType As String) ThisApplication.SilentOperation = True Set obDocument = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument If obDocument.DocumentType <> 12292 Then Exit Sub Else Dim szFileName As String Dim szExtension As String Dim oPrintMgr As DrawingPrintManager ' Create a new sketch on the active sheet. Dim oSketch As DrawingSketch Set oSketch = obDocument.ActiveSheet.Sketches.Add 'Name the sketch 'oSketch.Name = "DWF" ' Open the sketch for edit so the text boxes can be created. ' This is only required for drawing sketches, not part. oSketch.Edit Dim oTG As TransientGeometry Set oTG = ThisApplication.TransientGeometry ' Create text with simple string as input. Dim sText As String Dim oTextBox As TextBox sText = "REFERENCE ONLY
NOT A RELEASED DOCUMENT
" Set oTextBox = oSketch.TextBoxes.AddFitted(oTG.CreatePoint2d(1.5, 3), sText) ' Exit the sketch from the edit environment. oSketch.ExitEdit Set oPrintMgr = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument.PrintManager 'This is the name of the DWF printer on my system. Probably should 'Determine this by other means. 'Set the paper size Dim oDrawDoc As DrawingDocument Set oDrawDoc = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument Dim oSheet As Sheet Dim oSheetSize As String Set oSheet = oDrawDoc.ActiveSheet ' Set paper size. If oSheet.Size = kADrawingSheetSize Then oSheetSize = kPaperSizeLetter '"B Size" ElseIf oSheet.Size = kBDrawingSheetSize Then oSheetSize = kPaperSize11x17 '"C Size" ElseIf oSheet.Size = kCDrawingSheetSize Then oSheetSize = kPaperSizeCustom '"D Size" ElseIf oSheet.Size = kDDrawingSheetSize Then oSheetSize = kPaperSizeCustom '"Custom Size" ElseIf oSheet.Size = kCustomDrawingSheetSize Then oSheetSize = kPaperSizeCustom End If oPrintMgr.Printer = "Autodesk DWFwriter" oPrintMgr.NumberOfCopies = 1 oPrintMgr.Orientation = kLandscapeOrientation oPrintMgr.ScaleMode = kPrintBestFitScale oPrintMgr.PrintRange = kPrintAllSheets oPrintMgr.PaperSize = oSheetSize 'get the full file name from obDocument ' szFileName = obDocument.DisplayName 'Determine the extension of the file ' szExtension = Right(szFileName, 3) 'If the extension is IDW then print a DWF of the file, if not do nothing ' If szExtension = "idw" Then ' szFileName = Left(szFileName, Len(szFileName) - 3) & szFileType 'szFileName = "I:\Autodesk Inventor\DWF\" & szFileName ' Call ThisApplication.CommandManager.PostPrivateEvent(kFileNameEvent, szFileName) oPrintMgr.SubmitPrint 'End If End If 'Delete Sketch oSketch.Delete ThisApplication.SilentOperation = False End Sub "Charles Bliss" wrote in message news:3ffacc91$1_3@statler... > Workarounds are acceptable but I am using Inventor and I suspect you are > using AutoCAD where that might be a bit easier. If you are doing it > with Inventor I would be very interested in learning more about the macro. > > Joe Bartels wrote: > > >We have a small program that's built into the drawing templates that will > >print out a DWF to a specified folder on the server. The program contains a > >small macro that will create a sketch with text saying it's a reference > >document, prints the DWF, and then deletes the sketch. It's not perfect, > >but it works for us. > > > >Joe Bartels > > > >"Charles Bliss" wrote in message > >news:3ff3b4ad$1_2@statler... > > > > > >>Are there methods for adding water marking to DWF's? If not, when will > >>a method be available? > >> > >> > >> > > > > > > > > >
Message 16 of 16
Anonymous

You can add a watermark as a raster image in AutoCAD. Here's a link to a document that describes how to do that: http://www.software.ufl.edu/autodesk/manuals/a2kug/aug_20.pdf "Charles Bliss" wrote in message news:3ff3b4ad$1_2@statler... > Are there methods for adding water marking to DWF's? If not, when will > a method be available? >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services