Community
DWF
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems printing/viewing DWFs. Please Help!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jkarbo
1163 Views, 7 Replies

Problems printing/viewing DWFs. Please Help!

I have Autodesk Design Review 2012. Clients of my work have sent us multiple DWF files (22" x 60"). Two of them are heavily layered.

One of two problems occur when i try to open the files/print them.

1. When the file is open the image is pure white with no graphics showing. When i look under the sheet properties tab it has the correct file path, correct file name, and correct file size.

2. When i try & print these files they will not print at the correct size. When submitting them the preview box says its a 22"x60" printing at 100%. When it comes out the printer either it will start printing halfway through the image or it will simply crop an 8 1/2" x 11" section of the file and print it.

Any suggestions? please....

Thank You.

-Jeff

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
whtank
in reply to: jkarbo

Thank you for your question.

It is a same issue with post  'Printing an Autodesk file to PDF'. You can request ADR 2013 Beta to resolve this issue.

Tank
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD-CPG
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 8
jkarbo

I was more so asking about pyshicaly sending the file to the printer, not printing to a file/pdf.

If you have any ther suggestions/help you can offer that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

-Jeff

Message 4 of 8
whtank

I think they are caused by the same reason. You can check option 'Turn data into a bitmap before printing' from 'Advanced Print Options' dialog then printing. You can also apply to our latest Beta to resolve this issue.

Tank
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD-CPG
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 8
stefani88
in reply to: whtank

@whtank wrote:

I think they are caused by the same reason. You can check option 'Turn data into a bitmap before printing' from 'Advanced Print Options' dialog then printing. You can also apply to our latest Beta to resolve this issue.

I also think so.

Watch Good Deeds Online for Free

Message 6 of 8

Did anyone figure this out?  My partner here at Hanes is having a problem keeping his "CTB" files for printing/converting to PDF.  He is the first to be converted to Windows 7.  We have all the drivers but he cannot access them when he tries to plot or convert to PDF.  The "monochrome.ctb" is now totally missing.  We have re-installed AutoCAD several times but still nothing.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Tammy D.

Message 7 of 8
jkarbo

I have tried that and it still doesnt print correctly when pyshically sending it to the printer. I have talked to my printer representative (Canon) and they said it has something to do with sending a DWF/DWG to a non-post script printer. They dont speak same language/information gets lost in translation. Buying a new printe/post script printer is not an option.

This still does not solve my print to file/converting a DWF to a PDF problem.... No one has had a solution as far as I can see/have found.

Any suggestions lemme know.

Thanks,

-J

Message 8 of 8
TammyDouglas2569

We installed DocuDesk PDF Converter and it is working great now.  Our IT team was able to make adjustments to the print drivers on my partners machine late yesterday and he is working well now.  Hope this helps.  T

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services