DWF

jkarbo
Message 1 of 2 (370 Views)

Problems plotting DWF's & printing to file (Converting to PDF)

370 Views, 1 Replies
03-13-2012 03:45 PM

I am using Auto Desk Design Review 2012 viewing a DWF. I am trying to print to both a Canon ipf710 & ipf8300 (both non Post Script printers). When i send it to the printers its shrinks the image to an 8 1/2 x 11, when i try and print it to file (convert it to a PDF for easier printing) it either turns my file into one single 8 1/2 x 11 or makes it a binder of 30 8 1/2 by 11's cropping out sections of the drawing. I am positive i am printing it at full scale, correct paper size, and to the correct printers. I have tried 4 different PDF converters with all the same sizing issues. I downloaded a DWF to DWG converter and tried that but it threw all the colors on the drawing off, made line weight changes, and I experienced font substitution issues.

I called my Canon rep and his only solution was to either buy another P.S. printer or buy the full version of AutoCad cause it has a "HI driver?" He told me the DWF is not a standard graphic file and it is having a communication issue with my printer and that is why it is not printing correctly.

I have asked on multiple different forums across the web and i can not seem to find a solution to this problem. I have uninstalled/reinstalled Auto Desk, I have downloaded the "Hotfix/Service Pack" and none of this has worked.

If anyone has any information or possible solutions please let me know!!!

Thank you.

-J

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 2 (359 Views)

Re: Problems plotting DWF's & printing to file (Converting to PDF)

03-15-2012 05:52 AM in reply to: jkarbo

Post your DWF and a screenshot of your print pop-up inside ADR.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community