Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting from 2009 to DWF rotates text

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
wbivie
2657 Views, 13 Replies

Plotting from 2009 to DWF rotates text

We are using AutoCAD 2009 and I have the latest update as well (windows xp machine, if that matters). The problem is that when we plot to a multi-sheet dwf file (from a sheet set) there are a few lines of text that are rotated 90 degrees inside our title block in AutoCAD that appear rotated 0 degrees in the dwf.

I haven't figured out why because for one, it's inconsistent. We don't use title block xref's, but I do copy the title block from one drawing file to all the others and on the dwf file the text is rotated to 0 only on some of the sheets. I've attached an example. The issue is located in the upper right corner of the title block.

FA-002, FA-101, FA-201 are wrong, FA-501 is correct.

Thanks, and let me know if you need any additional info. Edited by: wbivie on Dec 5, 2008 5:02 PM
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
huycke
in reply to: wbivie

I have the very same issue with the publish command in architectural dwgs. When published, some of the dimensions are rotated 90 degrees.
Not good.
Any help would be appreciated.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous

I just found this group, I originally posted to the print-plot group.
I am also having the same problem:

I have a drawing with several layouts, the titleblock is a block, text
in the titleblock is rotated 90 (date, designed by, etc.) When
publishing from SSM to a DWFx file, on some sheets this text is rotated
to 0, some sheets it's correct. In the options, publishing is set to
background. If I plot each individually, the text is rotated correctly
at 90. Any ideas?

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Engineer Assoc.
Williamson County, TX
lpohlmeyer at wilco dot org
Civil 3D 2009 SP1
Dell T3400 Quad Core, 2.4Ghz, 4Gb RAM
Nvidia Quadro FX 1700
Message 4 of 14
wbivie

Lisa (et al.),

I don't know if this will help you, but I did find a solution that seemed to work for us.

The problem seemed to stem from the fact that all the text that was being rotated incorrectly on the dwf was multiline text. On a whim, I exploded it to single line and retried it. It seems to have worked ever since.

If the text that's being rotated on your end happens to be multiline, explode it and see if that doesn't correct it. I don't have any idea why it worked, but it did. Maybe Autodesk is aware of it, maybe they aren't, but if it's a widespread problem I hope it's something they can correct.
Message 5 of 14
huycke

Lisa,
I just tried your idea of exploding the rotated text and your solution worked just fine.
Thank you. Now....I to hope that Autodesk will look at this problem and "fix" it.
Message 6 of 14
nostupidquestions

same problem here. i've got 4 layouts in a drawing. the title block is xref'd in and on 2 of the drawings some title block text is roated. it's not mtext. acad c3d 2009.

edit: i just noticed on your dwf file the rotated text is in the upper right hand corner, same as mine. Edited by: NoStupidQuestions on May 18, 2009 3:57 PM
Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2245 CPU @ 3.90GHz 3.91 GHz
64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2
Message 7 of 14
jdames

I am having this same issue. I just updated my AutoCAD 2009 Architectural to Version 4 and I am still having this problem. My title block is an x-ref and when I publish multiple pages the majority of them have most of the title block text rotated. The thing that gets me is 1 or 2 of the sheets will be fine and some will only have a few lines of text rotated. Since they all reference the same title block dwg I'm not sure what the problem could be. The text is a mix of multi-line and single line text. I tried exploding it to no avail. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Message 8 of 14
SilviaCao

Thank you, everyone, for your questions.

Our engineers are investigating this issue and we will try to update this thread if any answer is found.

Silvia

Silvia Cao
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 14
bscott

Anyone found a fix for this yet? I tried the exploding thing, but it did not work either. Same as Lisa, publishing from SSM to DWF.

Bryan
Bryan_S
Windows 10 Enterprise
2.40 GHz Dual Xeon Six-Core 64bit / 32gig ram
Nvidia Quadro M4000
3DConnexion CAD Mouse
Message 10 of 14
aramiDemon

I was having the same issues too w/ C3D 2010 & it was very frustrating. It seemed that the text styles using True Type fonts are the only ones affected with this bug...text styles using shx on the other hand are unaffected. Per suggestions from this post, explode the text. I can't explode these text since they're Field attributes. I did it anyway (burst), but it still rendered same problem. I had to resort to modifying our standard titleblock's text style to shx & that seemed to work. Hope this helps.

-thx
J. B. Borge
Dunaway Associates, L.P.
Message 11 of 14
kurt.asplund

After a year and still no fix?

I'm having the same problems. Text in the title block rotated, dimensions rotated, random text in the drawings rotated.

Message 12 of 14
k8afk9s8
in reply to: kurt.asplund

I am having this same problem in Civil 3D 2010.

Three years and 3 AutoCAD updates later and still no response from AutoDesk....

Is this really that difficult to correct?  Where is AutoDesk?

Message 13 of 14
k8afk9s8
in reply to: kurt.asplund

I believe the resolution has to do with the text style.

I went into the text style editor and unchecked the "annotative" check box.  I then went into the text properties and changed annotative text to "no". That fixed the problem.   I'm not sure why that fixes the problem but it does.

Message 14 of 14
lcresswell

Is this font associative text? be sure to check that the font style does not match layout if it is.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services